Nepal is a fantastic trekking country and this trek proves that. You will get insights into the lives and culture of the Sherpa people along with trekking their trails.
Our ascent will be steady and well paced to suit the acclimatisation needed, ensuring that we reach Everest Base Camp safely.
Sunrise from the view point of Kala Pattar at an altitude of 5,500 meters is one of the highlights of this trip. Another highlight is visiting the infamous Everest Base Camp watching climbers preparing their ascent of the world's highest mountain at 8,850 meters.
This trek is for trekkers who like altitude and who wishes to push themselves. It is a rather tough trek so you should be reasonably fit. If in doubt, we recommend adding a porter who can carry up to 30 kgs (and can thus be shared between 2 people).
We are looking forward to providing you with a fantastic trip in Nepal.
There you will be met by our Airport Representative and transferred to hotel by private tourist vehicle. Overnight at hotel on BB plan.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla by flight and trek to Phakding (2610m/7903ft) - Flight to Lukla 30 minutes and walking 5:30 hours
Fly to Lukla, the trail descends, gradually passing above the large village of Chaunrikharaka (2680m) and on through small villages, fields and forests following a wide well constructed path. After Kusum Drargka, a large stream, the trail crosses the Dudh Kosi river at Phakding. Overnight at guest house.
Day 03: Phakding-Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft) - walking 5:30 hours.
From Phakding the trail follows the western bank of Dudh Kosi passing through forests of Blue Pine until it reaches the village of Benkar(2700m). From here the trail crosses to the eastern bank of the Dudh Kosi, and climbs gently to the village of Chumoa. Between here and the next village of Monjo (2800m) the trail drops steeply to cross Monjo Khola. From Monjo the trail crosses a small rock saddle and then descends abruptly to re-cross the Dudh Kosi at Jorsale (2804m). Beyond Jorsale the trail undulates up until the confluence with Bhote Kosi is reached. From here the Khumbu region begins. Above the bridge the trail zigzags up 300m of the steep spur between the two rivers through sparse forest. From the top of the spur, Mt. Everest can be seen rising above Nuptse-Lhotse wall. The next section of the trail climbs less steeply, traversing above the Bhote Kosi until Namche Bazaar is reached. Namcha Bazaar is a market town, where every Saturday morning traders from lower altitude sell goods to sherpas. Most of the trading is over by mid-day and the traders return to their villages. Overnight at guest house.
Day 04: Acclimatization day At Namche Bazzar- walking 5 hours.
Known as the ‘Gateway to Everest’ we will spend today here in order to acclimatize and adjust to the thinning air. A short trek to the museum celebrating the traditional customs of the Sherpa people, as well as about flora & Fauna & its land, more importantly, from here you will get the proper glimpse of Everest and the surrounding mountains. And we hike up the Syanbuche airport, and Everest view hotel and sightseeing at the Khumjung village (3800m/12,466ft), which is the biggest settlement of Sherpa. Khumjung is one of the most beautiful villages in Everest area. It’s symmetrically laid out stone dwellings house the families of many of our Sherpas. Overnight at guest house.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Thyangboche (3857m/12,670 feet)- walking 5 hours. O/N at guest house,
An enjoyable walk down to the river at Phunki Thanhka to lunch next to water driven prayer wheels. A steep but short climb takes us to Tengboche Monastery through forests of blue pine, fir and black juniper. Overnight at guest house.
Day 06: Tengboche to Dingboche(4410m/14468ft)- walking 5:30 hours,
Our trek continues to climb as we head to the altitude of 4310m taking our time so not to be affected by the thinning air. Overnight at guest house.
Day 07: Second acclimatization day in Dingboche (4410m/14468ft) –walking 4:25 hours
Our second acclimatization day, the group will be taken to Nagarjun Hill(5050m/15291ft). This point offers fantastic views of the fifth highest mountain Makalu 8463m/25625ft. After appreciating the surrounding scenery we trek back to our camp in Dingboche, relaxing in the evening. Overnight at guest house.
Day 08: Dingboche to Lobuje(4910m/16108ft). – Walking 5:30 hours
Today our trek climbs to 4910m. Overnight at guest house.
Day 09: Lobuje to Everest Base Camp (5363m/17595ft) and back to Gorak Shep(5153m/16906ft). – walking 7:30 hours,
Today we reach our goal by trekking to Everest Base Camp at an altitude of 5363m. After appreciating our efforts and photographing the achievement we return to Gorak Shep. Overnight at guest house.
Day 10: Hiking up Kalapathar(5545m/18192ft) and overnight at Pherbuche(4210m/13812ft). – walking 6 hours,
After reaching Base camp our aim today is to trek Kalapathar (5545m). We start early to reach the viewpoint that offers some of the best views of Mount Everest as well as other panoramas of the surrounding mountains. We then descend to Pherbuche. Overnight at guest house.
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft). – walking 6:30 hours.
We continue our descent to Namche Bazaar. Overnight at guest house
Day 12: Namche Bazaar to to Lukla(2840m/9317ft)- walking to 7:30 hours
Our final day of trekking returns us to the town of Lukla, where the overnight stay gives you time to explore the town as well as reflect upon the mountains you have recently visited for one last time before heading back to Kathmandu. Overnight at guest house.
Day 13: Lukla to Kathmandu. - After Breakfast. We will walk about 5 minutes to airport to catch our return flight to Kathmandu. Flight an early morning at 7 am to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 14: After breakfast, the trip ends, our Airport Representative will drop you to the Kathmandu international airport for your final flight departure from Nepal.
- Airport pick up & drop- off by car, jeep, Toyata Hiace, coster or sutlez depending on the group size..
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu.
- Two nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3 to 4 stars level on Bed and breakfast plan.
- Meals 3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking for you.
- Local fresh fruits.
- Twin sharing comfortable and clean private room during the trek.
- Trip Map.
- Both ways domestic flight tickets from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu with airport tax.
- Professional English-speaking mountain guide.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Four season sleeping bag, down jackets to use for trekking.
- Unique path trekking duffel bag as a souvenir.
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 15 - US$ 20 per day.
- Personal equipment.
- Nepal Visa fee (visa charge USD 40 and 4 passport photographs for the visa and permit).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, excess baggage charges)
- All kind drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry, shower etc.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.