- be crossing the world's widest mountain pass in the world at an altitude of 5,414 meters
- see fantastic mountain terrain and be faced with the arid landscape of the Upper Manang, close to the Tibetan Plateau
- see Kali Gandaki, the world's deepest river gorge valley
- visit the Muktinath, a world famous Hindu Pilgrimage site
- be meeting with 3 local communities in Nepal, the Gurung, Manangi, and Thakali people
Taking the above factors into account it is no wonder that Annapurna Circuit is a famous trekking destination in Nepal. Since its inception in 1977, where the region was opened for trekking, it has had a great number of visitors.
This three weeks trek starts from Besisahar and goes along the Marshyangdi River, with great views of Mt. Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east. Along the path we will be faced with varying trekking trails, many local villages and majestic mountain views.
The highest point of the trek is the Thorong La Pass, the world's widest pass at an altitude of 5,416m. In order to not reach this pass from the beginning (which would give us altitude sickness) we are trekking the Annapurna Circuit in an anti-clock-wise direction making sure that we gradually acclimatise to the increased heights.
To do this trek we recommend that you are reasonably fit. Should have doubts on your physical shape we highly recommend adding a porter who can carry up to 30 kgs for you (so 1 porter can be split by 2 people).
We are looking forward to taking you on a fantastic trek.
There you will be met by our Airport Representative and transferred to hotel by private tourist vehicle. Overnight at hotel on BB plan.
Day 02: Drive to Besisahar by bus (830meters). 6 hours.
Trekking staff will arrive at your Hotel at 7.00 am in the morning to pick you up. A 7 hours drive awaits us to Besishar. It is about 185km from Kathmandu. We will overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 03: Drive to Syange and trek to Chamje (1400meters). 5 hours
Day 04: Trek to Bagarchhap (2160meters). 5 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Chame (2630meters). 5 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Pisang (3300 meters) 5 hours.
Day 07: Trek to Manang (3540 meters). 5 hours.
Day 08: Acclimatization day at Manang village.
Today we spend a day acclimatizing in Manang. The whole day we spend doing some small walks exploring the surrounding landscape.
Day 09: Trek to Yak Kharka (4000 meters) 5 hours.
Today we leave Manang. The trail ascends nearly 500 meters to Yak Kharka. We make the climb steadily through Tenki Manang, leaving the Marsyangi Valley. Yak Kharka lies at an altitude of 4000 meters and we overnight there in a guesthouse.
Day 10: Trek to Thorong Phedi (4450 meters) 5 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Muktinath (3800 meters) via Thorung La pass (5416 meters) 8 hours.
Today is a long but exciting day. At 4 am in the morning we will set off so as to reach the pass by 9-10 am. This will greatly increase our chances of getting over the pass as weather conditions are more favourable in the morning. Upon reaching the top, you are rewarded by magnificent views. We take a break for 30 min (if the weather permits) and enjoys the pass. Hereafter we will trek down to Muktinath, the famous hindi site.
Muktinath means place of Nirvana. It is home to the Muktinath temple. It is said that all sorrows you feel are relieved when visiting the Temple, which is a scared pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists. We will visit Muktinath temple and stay overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 12: Drive to Tatopani( hotspring) 4 hours
Day 13: Tatopani to Shikha( 2020m/ 6116ft) (5 hours)
Day 14: Shikha to Ghorepani (2834m/9298ft). (4:30 hours)
Day 15: Ghorepani to Poon Hill to Tadapani (2520m/8268ft).
Poonhill is another great highlight on this trek providing us with 360 degree panoramic views of the himalayan mountain range. Here you will get fantastic views likely to stay with you for the rest of your life.
Day 16: Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara.
From Tikedhunga it's easy walking all downhill to Naya Pul where our trekking ends. 3 hours. Hereafter we take a drive to Pokhara.
Day 17: Drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 18: After breakfast, the trek ends. Our Airport Representative will drop you off at Kathmandu international airport, or you can continue your exploration of Nepal.
- 1 professional mountain guide
- 1 porter per every 2 trekkers
- Airport pick up/drop-off
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu.
- City guided tour in Kathmandu by expert tour guide.
- Three night’s hotel in Kathmandu at 3 to 4 stars level on BB plan.
- Meals 3 times a day during the trek (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) (you can choose any food from the Menu)
- Local seasonal fresh fruits.
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis during the trek
- Trekking Map.
- Transport to/from trek, back to Kathmandu (combination of buses and private vehicles)
- First aid kit
- Four season sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag (bag pack) and walking sticks (to be returned after the trek).
- All necessary trekking permits
- Travel & Rescue arrangement, in case of emergency.
- All our government taxes etc.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 15 - US$ 20 per day.
- Entry fee while sightseeing in Kathmandu (USD 20 per person).
- Personal trekking equipment
- Nepal Visa fee (visa charge USD 40 for 30 days)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance.
- Drinks and beverages.
- Personal shopping and laundry, shower etc.
- Tips for trekking staff (tipping is expected).