From this mountain epic centre of the Annapurna Base Camp, also known as the Annapurna Sanctuary, the Modi Khola cuts its way south in a narrow gorge being 12,000 ft. deep. Further south, the gorge opens up into a wide and fertile valley, the domain of the local Gurung people. We will pass through several local villages on this trek giving you ample of opportunity to get insights on local traditions and cultures.
The middle and upper portions of Modi Khola offer some of the best short trekking routes in Nepal, and the valley is located so that these trails are easily combined, into this trekking itinerary.
If you are reasonably fit and able to walk 5-6 hours a day, you can do this trek. We recommend though to add 1 porter when checking out, if in doubt as to your physical fitness. 1 porter can carry 30 kgs and can therefore be shared between 2 people.
All in all, this a fantastic trek and trail.
There you will be met by our Airport Representative and transferred to hotel by private tourist vehicle. Overnight at hotel on BB plan.
Day 02: Flight to Pokhara and drive to Nyapul and trek Tikhe Dhunga (1495m/4905ft).
After a breakfast, we drive to domestic airport and take a flight to Pokhara and drive to Naya Pul for an hour then commence our trek to Birethanti, a large and prosperous town beside the Modi River. Head up the main trail to Sudami where we climb gradually up the side of the valley, reaching Hile (1495m) before pushing on to Tirkhe Dhunga. From here the trail crosses a stream and then ascends a step stone staircase to the large Magar village at Ulleri (2070m). Flight for 30 minutes and walking 3:30 hours
Day 03: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m/9350ft).
This is a pleasant walking day today. We trek through rhododendron and oak forests and across streams before making a short, final climb to Nangethanti. From Nangethanti we head up to Ghorepani (2850m). 5:30 hours.
Day 04: Ghorepani to Poon Hill to Tadapani (2520m/8268ft).
An early start and an hour hiking to Poon Hill (3195m) leads us to a brilliant spectacle, this vantage point provides an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas. After spending about 45 minutes on the hillside, we come back to Ghorepani, have a hot breakfast, and start walking to Tadapani. From Ghorepani the trail climbs along ridges and through pine and rhododendron forests to Deurali (2960m). We descend to reach Banthanti, before winding our way to Tadapani (2540m). 6 :30 hours
Day 05: Tadapani to Sinuwa (2310m/7579ft).
Dropping down from Tadapani Gurjung the route offers good views of the upper Modi valley. The path then starts the long ascent high above the west bank of the Modi Khola. We pass the village of Chhomrong which lies tucked at the very base of Himal Chuli. From Chhomrong the trail descends until Chhomrong Khola then trail begins a slow climb as we head up to our destination for the day - Sinuwa. 6 hours.
Day 06: Sinuwa to Deurali (3150m/10335ft).
We proceed to Kuldi Ghar about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs walking. There is a clearing in the forest a little further on, from there the route goes very steeply down a bank of rock and then levels out, running through thickets of bamboo at the bottom of the gorge, keeping always on the west side of the river. We pass by the pasture of Tomo, and then the very neck of the gorge at pantheon Barah, where there is a small trail and a shrine. The track climbs to Himalaya hotel at the campsite where we will overnight. 6 hours.
Day 07: Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4090m/13418ft).
Today we climb on past the Machhapuchhare Base Camp (which isn"t really a base camp since climbing the mountain is not permitted) to the Annapurna Base Camp. This area is called the Annapurna Sanctuary since it is totally surrounded by mountains. From here it is a two-hour trek to Annapurna Base camp, which offers spectacular views. 5 hours.
Day 08: Annapurna Base Camp to Dovan (2600m/8580ft). 5:30 hours.
Day 09: Dovan to Chhomrong (2110m/6923ft).
Once we have passed Khuldi Bikas where there is an experimental sheep Farm, the trail continues through rhododendron and bamboo fields. 4:30 hours.
Day 10: Chhomrong to Syauli(1040m/3150ft). Walking 6:30 hours, O/N at guest house,
Day 11: Trek to Naya Pul Then drive to Pokhara and flight to Kathmandu. Walking 2 hours and drive for an hour and flight 25 minutes. O/N at Hotel at 3 stars
Day 12: After breakfast, the trip ends, our Airport Representative will drop you off at Kathmandu international airport for your final flight departure from Nepal. Alternatively, you can stay in Nepal and explore other attractions and adventures.
- 1 Professional English-speaking mountain guide.
- Airport pick up/drop by private tourist vehicles.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu.
- Three night’s hotel in Kathmandu at 3 to 4 stars level on BB plan.
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis in Guesthouses during the trek.
- Ground transportation by tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara and private car from Pokhara to trekking starting point and trekking ending point to Pokhara.
- Domestic flight tickets from Pokhara to Kathmandu with airport tax upon return.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Local fresh fruits during the trek.
- Trekking Map.
- First aid kit
- Four season sleeping bag, down jackets to use for trekking.
- All necessary trekking permits and paper work.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement, in case of emergency (actual helicopter travel to be covered by your travel insurance)
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges etc
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu, allow US$ 15 - US$ 20 per day.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Nepal Visa fee (visa charge USD 40 for 30 days)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, excess baggage charges
- Drinks and beverages
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is recommended).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in the 'Price Includes' section.