- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 35
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Best alternative to Annapurna Base Camp trek
- Trek to the Khopra Ridge. Discover the beautiful Khair Lake
- Take in the stunning views of Annapurna & Dhaulagiri mountain ranges
- Explore the beautiful Annapurna region
Your journey starts with a bus drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, one of Nepal's most popular tourist destinations. Drive to Syauli Bazaar from Pokhara and trek to Tadapani. Continue your journey to Khopra Ridge and enjoy a day hike to Khair Lake (4,500m). Then follow the trail to Ghorepani and Poon Hill. Enjoy a majestic sunrise from Poon Hill before continuing back to Pokhara. Take the bus back to Kathmandu, where this trip comes to an end.
This trek is also known by the name of Khair Lake trek. Being part of this journey will allow you to bypass some of the most crowded trails in the Annapurna region for most of the trek. However, you will not miss out completely on the highlights either, since the itinerary also includes Ghorepani and Poon Hill, two of the most famous destinations in the region.
The mountains that you will see during this trip include Annapurna South, Hiunchuli , Machhapuchhare and Dhaulagiri, among others. You will travel through villages mostly inhabited by Gurung and Magar ethnic groups during this trek and get the chance to experience their traditional lifestyle and culture.
We thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate it a lot and willing to serve you again in future.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Thank you very much for writing this review for us. We Nepal Climbing Adventure are blissful that you found us professional and enjoyed our services. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you in Nepal again soon.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
We were looked after very well by unique adventures and specifically our lovely guide Ruplal. Ruplal was so attentive, caring and funny. We felt in good hands. His guide in training Manoj was great too. It was really nice getting to know them and learning about their familys and life from both Buddhist and Hindu sides.
I would definitely recommend the trip and company, seeing the mountains up close is fairytale magic! ..the hours of walking up and down steep steps are quickly forgotten. Pokhara is a beautiful place to chill after he trek also:)”
Thank you very much for taking your time and writing this review for us. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the trek and had a great time with our Guides. Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you again in Nepal.
Day 1: Drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive to Syauli Bazaar from Pokhara & trek to Tadapani
Day 3: Tadapani – Dobato
Day 4: Trek to Upper Chistibung
Day 5: Chistibung – Khopra Ridge
Day 6: Day hike to Khair Lake
Day 7: Trek to Swanta village
Day 8: Trek to Ghorepani
Day 9: Climb Poon Hill, trek to Hile & drive to Pokhara
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu from Pokhara
- Meals: 9 breakfasts
- Airport pickup and drop off. Ground transportation: Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu by tourist bus. Pokhara - Syauli Bazaar and Hile - Pokhara by a shared jeep/bus
- Accommodation: 2 night's tourist standard hotel in Pokhara. Guesthouse accommodation during the trek
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) permit fees
- A first aid medical kit & an oximeter
- A sleeping bag, down jacket & a duffel bag (to be returned after the trek is over)
- Nepal visa charges
- International flight tickets
- Travel insurance that covers high-altitude climbing as well as accidents, emergencies and chopper evacuation
- Expenses that are personal in nature such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc
- Meals except those mentioned on the itinerary. Bar and beverage bills
- Additional nights in Kathmandu hotels (early arrival, late departure as well as early return from the trek)
- Porter (you can hire one when booking this trip if you want to)
- Tips to your guide and porter
- Earn US$ 14+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?