- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 10+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Best alternative to Annapurna Base Camp trek
- Trek to the Khopra Ridge. Discover the beautiful Khair Lake
- Take in the stunning views of Annapurna & Dhaulagiri mountain ranges
- Explore the beautiful Annapurna region
Your journey starts with a bus drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, one of Nepal's most popular tourist destinations. Drive to Syauli Bazaar from Pokhara and trek to Tadapani. Continue your journey to Khopra Ridge and enjoy a day hike to Khair Lake (4,500m). Then follow the trail to Ghorepani and Poon Hill. Enjoy a majestic sunrise from Poon Hill before continuing back to Pokhara. Take the bus back to Kathmandu, where this trip comes to an end.
This trek is also known by the name of Khair Lake trek. Being part of this journey will allow you to bypass some of the most crowded trails in the Annapurna region for most of the trek. However, you will not miss out completely on the highlights either, since the itinerary also includes Ghorepani and Poon Hill, two of the most famous destinations in the region.
The mountains that you will see during this trip include Annapurna South, Hiunchuli , Machhapuchhare and Dhaulagiri, among others. You will travel through villages mostly inhabited by Gurung and Magar ethnic groups during this trek and get the chance to experience their traditional lifestyle and culture.
Basic climbing training is done at Khare Camp.”
Thank you for sharing about your experience with us here on Bookmundi .We really appreciates you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
First of all, Congratulation to you on your successful trip to Nepal and Tibet. We are overwhelmed by your wonderful review and grateful for recommending us.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Thank you for valuable feedback. Appreciate it.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Pvt. Ltd.”
Day 1: Drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive to Syauli Bazaar from Pokhara & trek to Tadapani
Day 3: Tadapani – Dobato
Day 4: Trek to Upper Chistibung
Day 5: Chistibung – Khopra Ridge
Day 6: Day hike to Khair Lake
Day 7: Trek to Swanta village
Day 8: Trek to Ghorepani
Day 9: Climb Poon Hill, trek to Hile & drive to Pokhara
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu from Pokhara
- Meals: 9 breakfasts
- Airport pickup and drop off. Ground transportation: Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu by tourist bus. Pokhara - Syauli Bazaar and Hile - Pokhara by a shared jeep/bus
- Accommodation: 2 night's tourist standard hotel in Pokhara. Guesthouse accommodation during the trek
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) permit fees
- A first aid medical kit & an oximeter
- A sleeping bag, down jacket & a duffel bag (to be returned after the trek is over)
- Nepal visa charges
- International flight tickets
- Travel insurance that covers high-altitude climbing as well as accidents, emergencies and chopper evacuation
- Expenses that are personal in nature such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc
- Meals except those mentioned on the itinerary. Bar and beverage bills
- Additional nights in Kathmandu hotels (early arrival, late departure as well as early return from the trek)
- Porter (you can hire one when booking this trip if you want to)
- Tips to your guide and porter
- Earn US$ 14+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
How much should my backpack weigh?
A properly packed backpack (not including your day pack) should ideally not weigh more than 13 kg. It is also important to note that if you are taking a flight to the start of your trek, many smaller aircraft have weight restrictions. For example, if you are flying from Kathmandu to Lukla, you are only allowed 10kg of checked luggage, and 5 kg of hand baggage. Thus, in case of a small flight, you should ideally pack a 10 kg backpack for checked luggage, and then add 5 kg in your hand baggage. You can then re-shuffel the weigt once you start your trek at the trailhead.
- Do I need a porter?
Do I require a porter for carrying water?
On most popular treks you can expect plenty of places where you can refill your water bottle, meaning you don’t need to carry a huge water supply with you. Bring an extra bottle of water if you are concerned. If you already have a porter, you can ask him/her to carry water as long as it is within the weight limit. Another option is to carry water purification tablets or LifeStraw, both of which can be found in Kathmandu.
When should I arrive in Kathmandu before the tour?
We suggest that you arrive at least one day prior to the start day of the trek because the tour operators usually require one working day to arrange trekking permits. Arrive earlier if you want to explore Kathmandu on your own or acclimate to any time differences.