- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Glide through the lily padfilled waterways of the Okovango Delta on a mokoro (a small dugout canoe) and escape civilisation with an overnight stay at your island camp.
- Be mesmerised by the staggering force and beauty of Victoria Falls, and experience firsthand why it’s known as the ‘smoke that thunders’ – a natural wonder that must be seen to be believed.
- Choose to take an optional cruise down the Chobe River for the opportunity to get up close (but not too personal!) to cheetahs, crocodiles and the magnificent African elephant.
- Listen to the songs and stories of Namibia’s San people, the oldest inhabitants of southern Africa, and gain an insight into their traditional customs and beliefs.
- Enjoy a fullday game drive in Etosha National Park, home to a wide range of southern Africa's wildlife, including the endangered black rhino.
Experience the extremes of southern Africa’s landscapes on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Intrepid. From the thunderous Victoria Falls to cosmopolitan Cape Town, travel down lush waterways in the enigmatic Okavango Delta, cruise past elephants and birds on the Chobe River, climb giant sand dunes in Namibia, camp to the sounds of Africa's wildlife and spot big cats, rhinos, zebras and antelopes on Etosha National Park's arid plains. Visit the people who make their homes here, from mokoro polers on the delta to the San people of Namibia. Get ready for this unforgettable tour through a land of contrasts.
Day 1: Victoria Falls
Day 2: Victoria Falls
Day 3: Chobe National Park
Day 4: Chobe National Park
Day 5: Bagani
Day 6: Okavango Delta
Day 7: Okavango Delta
Day 8: Bagani
Day 9: Grootfontein
Day 10: Grootfontein/San people
Day 11: Etosha National Park
Day 12: Etosha National Park
Day 13: Spitzkoppe
Day 14: Swakopmund
Day 15: Swakopmund
Day 16: Swakopmund
Day 17: Sesriem
Day 18: Sossusvlei/Konkiep River
Day 19: Fish River Canyon
Day 20: Orange River
Day 21: Western Cape
Day 22: Cape Town
- Camping (with facilities) (17 nights), Camping (without facilities) (1 night), Cabin (3 nights)
- 19 Breakfasts, 13 Lunches, 16 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 Safari Vehicle , Mokoro
- An expert tour leader
- Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust Visit
- Chobe National Park - Dawn Open Safari Vehicle Game Drive
- Okavango Delta - Mokoro safari
- Okavango Delta - Nature Walk
- Grootfontein - San Bushman cultural experience
- Etosha National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Cape Cross Nature Reserve - Cape Cross seal colony
- Sossusvlei - 4x4 Tour
- Sesriem - Sand dunes visit
- Fish River Canyon - Canyon entrance
- Any international flights to Victoria Falls and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vic Falls to Cape Town tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 107 today.
- Earn US$ 71+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vic Falls to Cape Town tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vic Falls to Cape Town tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vic Falls to Cape Town tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- To get to your Okavango Delta campsite, you'll travel by mokoro – a dugout canoe – to pass over the shallow waterways. They're small but stable craft, and local tribesman will be there to guide you.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make better use of the safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip on a combination tour. To see what you're missing out on check out our Zanzibar to Cape Town trip by entering code YXOBC on the website.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.