- As the ultimate symbol of the French capital, a visit to the wrought iron Eiffel Tower should definitely be among your top priorities whilst in the City of Light.
- Arc de Triomphe is another unmistakable emblem of the city, which marks the beginning of one of the world’s most famous avenues, Champs-Élysées.
- Standing tall on Île de la Cité, Notre-Dame Cathedral is a prime example of French Gothic architecture. Climb to the top and you will be greeted with a gorgeous panorama of the Seine and the surrounding area.
- Champ-Élysées, a glorious avenue that stretches for two kilometers from Place de la Concorde to Arc de Triomphe, is a true shopaholic’s paradise with dozens of exquisite haute couture boutiques.
- As one of the largest and most famous museums in the world, Louvre hosts a gargantuan collection of cultural riches from around the globe, all exhibited in an enchanting Renaissance-era palace.
- A great way to soak up the Parisian vibrant atmosphere is by cycling. Luckily, the city has Vélib, an efficient and extensive self-service bike rental.
- If you are a contemporary art lover, no holiday in Paris can be complete without a visit to the Pompidou Centre, a complex that hosts Europe’s greatest modern art museum.
- A visit to Paris simply has to include a couple of hours of people-watching while sipping coffee in one of its charming cafés. One of the best places to do so is the picturesque neighborhood of Montmartre.
- Several of the biggest museums in Paris have free admission on the first Sunday of each month, including the Louvre, the Musée d Orsay and others.
For more holiday ideas, check out these tours in France.