New Zealand - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
There is a reason why movies like The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, King Kong, Chronicles of Narnia, Avatar (also shot in China), The Last Samurai and Vertical Limit were shot in New Zealand. The Land of the Long White Cloud always finds a way to inspire you with its beauty and leave you entranced with its culture.
- Visit the Tuhourangi tribe at Whakarewarewa
- Experience the magic of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- See Auckland from the top of Sky Tower
- Explore the thermal wonders of Rotorua
- Climb the Franz Josef Glacier
- Taste the wine on Waiheke Island
- Walk between the beaches of Abel Tasman National Park
- New Zealand is an excellent country for road tripping, especially if you want to see all the country has to offer. Keep in mind that the country has remote places where you can drive for hours without spotting a shop or petrol station. Always plan ahead.
- Sandflies are little black insects with a nasty bite, and they’re extremely common on the coasts year-round. To avoid being bitten, invest in some insect repellent and cover your ankles and head. If you are bitten, your saliva acts as a great temporary itch-relief before you can buy proper cream.
- While free WiFi can be found in most major cities, it can be quite sporadic otherwise. If travelling to New Zealand's remote south-island, be prepared for slow internet (if you come across any at all).
- Love the outdoors? Lucky for you, New Zealand law allows people to camp just about anywhere (unless posted otherwise). Consider renting a campervan for an incredible trip across the country.
- While New Zealanders (also called Kiwis) speak English, they have several unique phrases. “Bush” means forest, while “togs” are swimsuits and the local “dairy” is the corner store.