Jordan boasts a tantalizing blend of cultural and natural attractions. Visitors are frequently astounded by Jordan’s abundance of natural and historical sites and the great hospitality of its people. Our Jordan Travel Guide lets you in on all you need to know about planning a trip to Jordan, right from how many days to spend in Jordan and things to do in Jordan.
Would you prefer the cold temperature and snow that comes with Jordan in December? Or, would you rather visit Jordan in October, as the harsh summer conditions give way to the pleasant fall weather? Find out more about the best time to visit Jordan.
Whenever you decide to visit, you would not want to miss out on the top places to visit in Jordan. You can also find other useful tips in this travel guide if you plan a trip to Jordan.
Top Destinations in Jordan
Discover the highlights of Jordan.
Float in the Dead Sea
A trip to The Dead Sea promises an unmatched spa experience. The highly saline water allows humans to defy natural laws and make them float on the surface. Apart from the surreal floating experience, the Dead Sea’s mineral-rich water is also famous for its healing properties. So, rest calmly on the water and absorb the mesmerizing landscape. View Tours
Take in the Beauty of Petra
Carved out of sandstone cliffs, the ancient city of Petra boasts more than 800 tombs, temples, and other intricate archeological details that make for a wholesome visiting experience. Explore Petra and check the delicately preserved rock formations, admire the Hellenistic temples, and simply stroll around appreciating the ancient art and architecture. View Tours
Camel Safari in Wadi Rum
A trip to Wadi Rum offers endless red dunes and camping sites that make you feel like a desert nomad. The highlight of your stay will be stargazing in the desert’s magical night stars. Tour the desert like a true nomad by riding over dunes on a camel, hiking the countless craggy canyons or sandboarding in the endless desert sand. View Tours
What to do in Jordan
Top things to do in Jordan.
Things To Do in Jordan
The moment you step foot in Jordan, the country will capture your heart with its contrast of jaw-dropping vistas, ancient ruins, and seaside getaways. Jordan offers an incredible array of attractions and activities for visitors. Explore the mesmeric rock ...Read more
Hiking in Jordan: Top 5 Hiking Trails
Jordan is finally getting the attention it rightfully deserves as a top-class tourist destination. These days the country’s desert landscapes, sweeping canyons, beautiful beach resorts, and iconic historical sites attract numerous tourists worldwide ...Read more
Culture in Jordan: Top 6 Cultures and Traditions You Can't Miss
Located at the crossroads of Asia, Africa, and Europe, Jordan is a historical land where the relics of the earliest known human settlements and the great civilizations of the bygone eras can still be found today. Its history and strategic location have sh ...Read more
When to visit Jordan
Read the below travel guides to find the best time to visit Jordan.
- Jan Avg Daily: 12 ° C Avg Nightly: 4 ° C
- Feb Avg Daily: 13 ° C Avg Nightly: 5 ° C
- Mar Avg Daily: 16 ° C Avg Nightly: 7 ° C
- Apr Avg Daily: 22 ° C Avg Nightly: 10 ° C
- May Avg Daily: 27 ° C Avg Nightly: 14 ° C
- Jun Avg Daily: 30 ° C Avg Nightly: 17 ° C
- Jul Avg Daily: 31 ° C Avg Nightly: 19 ° C
- Aug Avg Daily: 31 ° C Avg Nightly: 18 ° C
- Sep Avg Daily: 30 ° C Avg Nightly: 17 ° C
- Oct Avg Daily: 26 ° C Avg Nightly: 14 ° C
- Nov Avg Daily: 19 ° C Avg Nightly: 9 ° C
- Dec Avg Daily: 14 ° C Avg Nightly: 5 ° C
Best Time to Visit Jordan
Jordan is a country that has been severely underrepresented in tourist guides around the world. It is a country with a rich cultural heritage, amazing history, and some of the most impressive natural scenery. Whether you’re a fan of museums, or you& ...Read more
Jordan in November: Weather & Travel Tips
November marks the approach of winter in Jordan with temperatures cooling down significantly and temperatures falling down at high-elevation destinations like Jabal Umm ad Dami located in the famous Wadi Rum. The rains also arrive in the northern parts of ...Read more
Jordan in January: All You Need to Know
Jordan is fast becoming one of the most popular Middle Eastern holiday destinations due to its rich historical and natural sights and favorable weather conditions. Despite its location, Jordan in January is surprisingly chilly. But travelers can still enj ...Read more
Jordan at a Glance
Quick facts about Jordan.
Amman is the capital city of Jordan. It is one of the oldest cities in the world, which is home to the landmarks that date as far back as 7500 BC. It is also one of the most westernized cities in the Middle East.
89,213 km2. Jordan may seem large at face value, but 75 percent of its total land area is occupied by desert. Thus, most of the tourist attractions are not far apart, and you can easily get around in a taxi.
+962 is the country code for Jordan when making a call from another country.
The Jordan Dinar is the official currency of Jordan. The currency code is JD. ATMs and currency exchange booths are available all over the country. A few Jordan service providers may accept US dollars but often at a lower rate than exchange booths.
The Queen Alia International Airport (AMM) is Jordan’s main international airport. The airport is about 30 km from the city center that mostly serves international travelers. COD: AMM. Closest City: Amman
Most tourists will require a visa to travel to Jordan. Depending on your country, you may be eligible for a visa on arrival, or you may have to apply at a Jordanian embassy before traveling. We recommend checking your country’s travel advisories before booking a trip.
The official language of Jordan is Arabic. Virtually everyone in the country, including minority groups, speaks Arabic. English is also spoken to a lesser extent, especially in tourist-dominated areas. Road signage, menus, and receipts are typically in Arabic and English.
911 is the centralized emergency line in Jordan. You should call the number if you need the police, medical assistance, or other emergency services.
Although Jordanians are predominantly Muslim, the country does not have strict drinking laws. All high-end hotels have well-stocked bars, and liquor stores are scattered around Aqaba and Amman. However, liquor stores become harder to find as you move away from the main cities.
How long to stay in Jordan
Read about the ideal duration to stay in Jordan.
10 days in Jordan: Top 2 Recommendations
Be it the mysterious canyons of Petra, the lunar landscape of Wadi Rum or the salty waters of the Dead Sea, a trip to Jordan has attractions in spades congregated close to each other. Although this makes a shorter stay possible, as any seasoned traveler w ...Read more
5 Days in Jordan: Top 3 Recommendations
Jordan’s numerous historical cities, beautiful seas, dusty deserts, and welcoming culture make it an attractive tourist haven. The country’s small size ensures its most popular attractions are never far apart. Just five days in Jordan is enoug ...Read more
Great Jordan Itineraries: How many days to spend?
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan has history stretching beyond the dawn of Christianity. It is where the Nabateans carved monuments on cliffs and Moses spied the Holy Land from. Amman, Jordan’s capital, is a palimpsest of ruins that hark back to diff ...Read more
Jordan Tour and Holiday Packages
Select the tour type that you are looking for.
FAQs for Jordan
Read the most frequently asked questions and answer about traveling to Jordan below.
- Do people in Jordan speak English?
- What is the best month to visit Jordan?
- Do I require a visa to visit Jordan?
- Is Jordan safe to travel?
- How many days should I spend in Jordan?
Sustainable Travel – How to travel through Jordan responsibly
In line with Bookmundi’s vision, we wish to provide our travelers with a sustainable travel experience through Jordan. As part of this effort, we carbon offset any Jordan tour that you purchase through us. You can read more details about our carbon offsetting efforts.
Here’s what you can do to travel to Jordan more responsibly:
- Carbon-offset your transport to Jordan via Qatar Airways. The moment your tour starts in Jordan, and if you have purchased your tour through Bookmundi, we will carbon-offset your tour from its starting point to its ending point.
- You can donate a small amount to support the efforts of Wadi Jordan, an NGO that’s committed to sustainable ecosystem development in the country.
- Furthermore, you could choose a sustainable accommodation option. Environmentally friendly lodges of Wild Jordan would be an excellent choice if you are looking for a recommendation.
- Do not forget to eat local and favor the off-beaten path to travel by trading numerous stopovers for an in-depth exploration.
Jordan travel tips and insights
- It is always sensible to purchase a Jordan Pass while traveling in the country. The pass grants you access to most of the tourist attractions at a significant discount.
- Since Jordan is an Islamic country, modest dressing is generally appreciated. While there are no strict rules about what to wear, you should avoid skimpy or revealing dresses throughout your stay in Jordan.
- Staring is not considered rude in Jordan. So, you are likely to get a lot of stares, especially if you are a single woman traveling alone.
If you are traveling during the month of Ramadan, do not expect business as usual. Offices and banks close earlier during this month, and many restaurants may not serve lunch.
- In Jordan, it is illegal to possess drugs or pornography, preach any religion other than Islam publicly, or insult the royal family.
Ready to customize your Jordan Vacation
Book your trip when it is perfectly designed and customized, just for you.
- Nada Altaji Travel Expert in Jordan
- Mae Badua Travel Expert in Jordan
- Mona Hassan Travel Expert in Egypt & Jordan
- Jordan trips
- Jordan budget tours
- Eco tours in Jordan
- Jordan guided tours
- Jordan family tour packages
- Jordan luxury tours
- Jordan private tours
- Jordan solo trips
- Jordan tailor-made vacation packages
- Jordan tours for senior citizens
- Jordan tours for young adults
- Jordan group tours
- Jordan last minute deals
- Jordan travel deals
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Art and architecture
- 4x4, quad and ATV trips
- Desert safaris
- Deserts and canyons
- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Active and outdoor
- Bicycle tours
- Sailing, yachting and motor boating