Climbers encounter low traffic until the route joins the Machame route. Afterwards, Lemosho follows the same route through Lava Tower, Barranco and Barafu, known as the southern circuit. The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, although eight days is ideal, wherefore our itinerary is 8 days.
The Lemosho route is considered the most beautiful route on Mt. Kilimanjaro and grants panoramic vistas on various sides of the mountain. It is our favorite route because it offers a great balance of low traffic, scenic views and a high summit success rate. The Lemosho route is therefore highly recommended.
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to the Shira Ridge.
Due to the long drive and the 8 days itinerary, this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho route is slightly more expensive than other routes, but we believe the relatively small added amount, is worth the money.
You can expect to see some wildlife in the forest zone. We highly recommend this route.
Day 2: Mti mkubwa To Shira Camp 1
Day 3: Shira Camp 1 to Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut to Lava tower to Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Karanga Valley
Day 6: Karanga Valley to Barafu Camp
Day 7: Barafu Camp to UHURU PEAK to Mweka Camp
Day 8: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate
- 2 Nights accommodation in Keys Hotel in Moshi is included
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides', Porters', and cook's salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Sleeping Mattress
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature