- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Considered as the most beautiful route on Mt. Kilimanjaro that grants panoramic vistas.
- A great balance of low traffic, scenic views and a high summit success rate.
Climbers encounter low traffic until the route joins the Machame route. Afterwards, Lemosho follows the same route through Lava Tower, Barranco and Barafu, known as the southern circuit. The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, although eight days is ideal, wherefore our itinerary is 8 days.
The Lemosho route is considered the most beautiful route on Mt. Kilimanjaro and grants panoramic vistas on various sides of the mountain. It is our favorite route because it offers a great balance of low traffic, scenic views and a high summit success rate. The Lemosho route is therefore highly recommended.
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to the Shira Ridge.
Due to the long drive and the 8 days itinerary, this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho route is slightly more expensive than other routes, but we believe the relatively small added amount, is worth the money.
You can expect to see some wildlife in the forest zone. We highly recommend this route.
Day 1: Londorossi Gate, Hike to Mti Mkubwa Camp
Day 2: Hike Mti Mkubwa Camp to Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Hike Shira 1 Camp to Shira 2 Camp
Day 4: Hike Shira 2 Camp to Barranco Camp
Day 5: Hike Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 6: Hike Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 7: Hike Barafu Camp to Summit, down to Mweka Camp
Day 8: Hike Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate, drive to Moshi
- 2 Nights accommodation in Keys Hotel in Moshi is included
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides', Porters', and cook's salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Sleeping Mattress
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- Save +US$ 73 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.