- Walking tour
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Lemosho route Climb one of the most scenic and least busy routes.
- 7 day ascent Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation.
- Uhuru Peak Marvellous 360 degree views from the roof of Africa at 5895m!
- Shira Plateau Traverse the wild heath and moorlands of Shira Plateau.
Challenge yourself on this iconic trek to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895m), the highest point in Africa, following the less-used and scenic Lemosho route. Extend your holiday with some superb game viewing in three of Africa's renowned national parks and conservation areas - Tarangire, Lake Manyara and the stunning Ngorongoro Crater. 7 day ascent - Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation Wild camps - Enjoy wild camping in magnificent, scenic locations Trek crew - Climb with some of the best and most experienced leaders, guides, porters and cooks on the mountain
Day 1 : Join trip Moshi
Day 2 : Trek from Lemosho Glades to Big Tree Forest Camp (2,780m)
Day 3 : Walk across grassy moorland to Shira One Camp (3,500m)
Day 4 : Walk through upland desert to Shira Two Camp (3,900m)
Day 5 : Trek via Lava Tower (4,640m) to Barranco (3,960m)
Day 6 : Trek Karanga Camp (4,035m) via the Barranco Wall
Day 7 : Trek across compacted scree to Barafu Camp (4,640m)
Day 8 : Kilimanjaro summit ascent (5,895m); descend to Millennium Camp (3,790m)
Day 9 : Descend through rainforest to Mweka Gate (1,630m); drive to Moshi
Day 10 : Drive to Tarangire National Park, game drive and continue to Karatu
Day 11 : Full day game drive in Ngorongoro Crater
Day 12 : Game drive at Lake Manyara. Drive to Moshi
Day 13 : Trip ends in Moshi
- 12 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, 11 Dinners
- Weru Weru River Lodge (3 nights)
- Big Tree Forest Camp (1 night)
- Shira 1 Camp (1 night)
- Shira 2 Camp (1 night)
- Barranco Camp (1 night)
- Karanga Camp (1 night)
- Barafu Camp (1 night)
- Millennium Campsite (1 night)
- Karatu Forest Tented Camp (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Trek Crew
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek + Safari Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 180+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek + Safari Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek + Safari Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek + Safari Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.