- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the waterfalls, tea plantations and spice markets of South India’s Western Ghats, a jungleclad mountain range older than the Himalaya and one of the most biodiverse regions in the world.
- Known as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’, Kochi is a fascinating blend of Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch and English influences, and is best explored by ferry.
- Step back in time among the iridescent hills of the very British ‘Snooty Ooty’ – home of snooker and the charming Nilgiri toy train.
- Search for elusive wildlife, including elephants, sloths, and birds on safari around one of the best places in India to observe nature up close – Periyar National Park.
Lush and tropical, southern India is inspiring and delightful. Beneath the green shade of a coastal paradise, meet with locals in their fishing villages and tribal homes. Join them in the bazaars, on buses and boats, or even on pilgrimage in Madurai. From cultural sights like the Maharaja's Palace in Mysore to French-influenced Puducherry and the vast landscape of Periyar, southern India's spirituality, friendly people, and wild animal sanctuaries make it a fascinating part of the country to explore.
Ootacamund – Conoor
Ootacamund – Conoor
Mudumalai National Park – Masinagudi
Mysore – Overnight train
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (11 nights), Jungle lodge (1 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 5 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Auto rickshaw , Boat , Bus , Cycle rickshaw , Ferry , Overnight sleeper train , Private vehicle , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Kochi - Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Kochi - Dutch Palace
- Kochi - Kathakali performance
- Ooty - Nilgiri Mountain Railway & Tea Plantation visit
- Mysore - Home cooked lunch & family visit
- Mysore - Maharaja's Palace
- Mysore - Leader-led walking tour
- Mysore - Keshava Temple
- Mysore - Chamundi Hill & Temple
- Mamallapuram - Cycling tour
- Mamallapuram - Shore Temples guided tour
- Puducherry - Leader-led walking tour
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi Temple
- Periyar - Spice plantation visit
- Periyar - National Park
- Periyar - Guided nature walk
- Kerala Backwaters - Pole boat ride
- Kerala Backwaters - Village walk
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 17 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Southern India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is packed full of sights and experiences, including many main highlights of southern India along with plenty of insights into local life. There is an extensive amount of travel and a number of single-night stays to ensure you can fit as much as possible.
- This adventure uses a variety of transport options, including train and bus travel for up to 8 hours. There is also an included overnight sleeper train from Mysore to Mamallapuram, so be sure to have a book, some podcasts, and your best travel games ready.
- Sleeper trains a quintessential Indian experience and a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. With the experience can come some unpredictability – there are occasional delays or even cancellations. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow, and blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of the same or opposite gender. See the Transport section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail about train travel in India or this guide for more about train travel around the world: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/overnight-train-travel-around-the-world/
- Up in the Western Ghats, it can be surprisingly cool at night, especially in winter. Check weather reports before you go to help with your packing, and remember too to bring modest clothing (ie. pants or skirts that go below the knees and tops that cover your arms) for our visits to religious sites in particular.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. You’ll be visiting a few temples throughout your adventure, so please ensure that you’re dressed appropriately with legs and shoulders covered.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers