- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience local hospitality at a homestay with a charming local family in Moulay Idriss – if you’re lucky, you might even get an invite to a cooking demonstration.
- Relive a glorious medieval past in Fes city. While many tourists get lost in the labyrinthine streets of the medina, you'll have a local guide to show you the way.
- See for yourself the vivid blue hues of Chefchaouen while you explore the houses and laneways of this surreal city.
- Need a break from your wanders around the narrow streets of Meknes? Replenish your energy with the camel burger cooked right in front of you at a restaurant in the medina.
Immerse yourself in the exotic colours and cultures that express the flavours of Morocco. From the imperial cities of Meknes and Rabat to the vibrant town of Chefchaouen, the rich history and traditions of this ancient land await. Discover the medieval city of Fes, experience an exclusive guesthouse stay in Moulay Idriss, explore the spice markets of Marrakech, and travel to the Roman ruins of Volubilis. This nine-day northbound tour lets you soak up the extravagant sights and revel in the hidden delights of Morocco.
Rabat – Moulay Idriss
Volubilis – Fes
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (6 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Overnight sleeper train , Public Bus , Private vehicle , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Moulay Idriss - Leader-led village walk
- Volubilis - Guided walking tour
- Fes - Medina guided walking tour
- Fes - Funduk Nejjarine
- Fes - Medresse el Attarine
- Any international flights to Casablanca and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this North Morocco Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 24+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Morocco Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
North Morocco Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Morocco Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments.
- In 2021, Ramadan will take place from 12 April to 11 May. This is a great time to visit Morocco due to fewer crowds, however, it may cause some disturbance to your travel schedule. Some regular services may not be available or open during the daytime, such as restaurants or cafes. Please consider this when planning your travels.
- On Day 2 you will have a chance to discover Rabat on self-guided tour. You will be provided with a map and clear instructions but your tour leader will not be leading you through the city. Rabat is easy to navigate and self-guided touring is a great chance to discover its secrets.
- The train from Rabat to Meknes on Day 2 can get pretty busy at peak periods, so we’d recommend packing lightly and compactly to make sure you can get on and off the train easily and quickly.
- There are some steep steps up to the guesthouse in Moulay Idriss on Day 2, which can be quite difficult to negotiate if you've got heavy and bulky luggage. If you need assistance to carry your luggage from the taxi to the accommodation, mules can be provided for a small additional cost.
- On Day 7 of the trip, the 3-hour journey by public bus to Tangier is very winding in places so it's not for the faint-hearted, although the backdrop of the stunning Rif Mountains makes this a truly scenic journey.
- There's also an overnight train on Day 7. The train has four-berth couchette compartments with upper and lower bunks on each side, so you may be sharing a confined space with people outside of your travel group. Overnight trains are a great way to meet the locals and other travellers, as well as ensuring you get maximum time in various destinations. This train is occasionally cancelled at very late notice, meaning we take a minivan instead.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Alternate Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point instructions