- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience local hospitality at a homestay with a charming local family in Moulay Idriss – if you’re lucky, you might even get an invite to a cooking demonstration.
- Relive a glorious medieval past in Fes city. While many tourists get lost in the labyrinthine streets of the medina, you'll have a local guide to show you the way.
- See for yourself the vivid blue hues of Chefchaouen while you explore the houses and laneways of this surreal city.
- Need a break from your wanders around the narrow streets of Meknes? Replenish your energy with the camel burger cooked right in front of you at a restaurant in the medina.
Immerse yourself in the exotic colours and cultures that express the flavours of Morocco. From the imperial cities of Meknes and Rabat to the vibrant town of Chefchaouen, the rich history and traditions of this ancient land await. Discover the medieval city of Fes, experience an exclusive guesthouse stay in Moulay Idriss, explore the spice markets of Marrakech, and travel to the Roman ruins of Volubilis. This nine-day northbound tour lets you soak up the extravagant sights and revel in the hidden delights of Morocco.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Highlight is Karijini NP. Warra is our guide, driver and also as
cook for us, thanks a lot for your hard work. Lucky to meet you.”
Rabat – Moulay Idriss
Volubilis – Fes
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (6 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Overnight sleeper train , Public Bus , Private vehicle , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Moulay Idriss - Leader-led village walk
- Volubilis - Entrance and guided tour
- Fes - Medina walking tour
- Fes - Funduk Nejjarine
- Fes - Medresse el Attarine
- Any international flights to Casablanca and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this North Morocco Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 25+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Morocco Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
North Morocco Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Morocco Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments.
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
- On Day 2 you will have a chance to discover Rabat on self-guided tour. You will be provided with a map and clear instructions but your tour leader will not be leading you through the city. Rabat is easy to navigate and self-guided touring is a great chance to discover its secrets.
- The train from Rabat to Meknes on Day 2 can get pretty busy at peak periods, so we’d recommend packing lightly and compactly to make sure you can get on and off the train easily and quickly.
- There are some steep steps up to the guesthouse in Moulay Idriss on Day 2, which can be quite difficult to negotiate if you've got heavy and bulky luggage. If you need assistance to carry your luggage from the taxi to the accommodation, mules can be provided for a small additional cost.
- On Day 7 of the trip, the 3-hour journey by public bus to Tangier is very winding in places so it's not for the faint-hearted, although the backdrop of the stunning Rif Mountains makes this a truly scenic journey.
- There's also an overnight train on Day 7. The train has four-berth couchette compartments with upper and lower bunks on each side, so you may be sharing a confined space with people outside of your travel group. Overnight trains are a great way to meet the locals and other travellers, as well as ensuring you get maximum time in various destinations. This train is occasionally cancelled at very late notice, meaning we take a minivan instead.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Alternate Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point instructions