- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit tombs in the Valley of the KingsThe Mediterranean port city of AlexandriaSightseeing on a Nile River cruiseGuided food tour in Cairo
Few countries can rival Egypt’s wealth of magnificent archaeological sites, with the Pyramids and Great Sphinx of Giza ranking as two of the most recognisable in the world. It is a place like no other and on this two-week itinerary we explore its treasures across the length of the country. In the north there is the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria and El Alamein, the site of the famous Second World War battle. Cairo’s attractions are world famous but on this itinerary we also experience the bazaars and culinary delights on a food tour. Journeying south by sleeper train we reach the Nubian city of Aswan where we board our Nile cruise boat and discover the monuments and temples all the way to Luxor.
Day 1: Start Cairo.
Day 2: Pyramids and Great Sphinx of Giza.
Day 3: Cairo tour.
Day 4: Transfer to Alexandria, city tour.
Day 5: Visit El Alamein and El Anba Bishoy Monastery; return to Cairo.
Day 6: Food tour of Cairo; transfer to sleeper train.
Day 7: Arrive Aswan; Nubian tour and Felucca ride.
Day 8: Optional visit to Abu Simbel; board cruise boat.
Day 9: Visit Philae Temple and Aswan High Dam; sail to Edfu.
Day 10: Tour Edfu; sail to Luxor.
Day 11: Disembark in Luxor; explore the Valley of the Kings.
Day 12: Luxor tour including Karnak and Luxor temples.
Day 13: End Luxor.
- 8 nights in 4 and 5-star hotels, 3 nights on a cruise boat and 1 night sleeper train , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Travel by private minibus, cruise boat and sleeper train
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Abu Simbel Sun Festival departure
- Extend your trip with some days by the Red Sea
- Any international flights to Cairo and from Luxor are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Egypt: Alexandria to Aswan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Egypt: Alexandria to Aswan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Egypt: Alexandria to Aswan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Egypt: Alexandria to Aswan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.