- Countryside and village visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3558
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Watch the sun rise over Angkor Wat just as it did over 800 years ago. Wander through the ancient temples of this UNESCO World Heritage Site on a guided tour – with a three-day pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap, you can explore this incredible complex as much and as often as you like!
- Discover the temple ruins at Sambor Prei Kuk and enjoy a village homestay to experience everyday life in rural Cambodia, with local food, local life and plenty to see.
- Get familiar with Khmer cuisine with an included visit to the acclaimed pepper plantations of Kampot, a cycling tour of local producers in Battambang and a local village dinner in Sambor Prei Kuk.
- Put your feet up and enjoy a well-deserved break on the white sand coasts of Koh Rong Island – home to one of the best beaches in Asia (and a few of the Survivor seasons).
- Enjoy an in-depth tour of Cambodia at an easy pace, mixed with insightful tours by local guides, plenty of chances to rub shoulders with the locals and free time to customise your adventure.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Friends International. Donations help vulnerable youth in Southeast Asia build a brighter future with vocational training and employment readiness programs.
- Show more
Experience the best of Cambodia on a comprehensive two-week journey right into the heart of the country. Get to know the people, landscape, customs and cuisine that make this place so incredible from the capital city Phnom Penh to the rural village Sambor Prei Kuk. Travel to the French-colonial elegance of Battambang and see the time-worn grandeur of Angkor Wat – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – at sunrise. Visit the remote south and discover the magical country of the Khmers, before heading to Koh Rong Island for two days of blissful beach time. If you want to see all the best sights that Cambodia has to offer, with a local leader who knows all the secrets, this one’s for you.
Day 1: Phnom Penh
Day 2: Phnom Penh
Day 3: Battambang
Day 4: Battambang
Day 5: Siem Reap
Day 6: Siem Reap
Day 7: Siem Reap
Day 8: Sambor Prei Kuk
Day 9: Kampot
Day 10: Kampot
Day 11-12: Koh Rong
Day 13: Phnom Penh
Day 14: Phnom Penh
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (12 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private minibus , Speed Boat , Public bus , Bicycle , Train , Remork-Moto (Tuk-tuk)
- An expert tour leader
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Battambang - countryside cycling tour and local snack tasting
- Siem Reap - Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Siem Reap - Sunrise at Angkor Wat
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Village Tour with local guide
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Traditional Khmer Dinner
- Kampot - Heritage walking tour
- Kampot - Countryside tour
- Kampot - Pepper farm visit (Pepper Project)
- Kampot - Salt field visit
- Kampot - Phnom Chhnork limestone cave
- Any international flights to/from Phnom Penh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Cambodia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Cambodia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 February 2024, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Cambodia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Cambodia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- You'll be spending a night with a local family on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experience here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/cambodia-homestay-experience
- This trip uses a mixture of public and private transport for moving around in the country and has some long days of driving, so some patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment.
- At times your accommodation may not have continuous hot water. Most travellers don't find this a problem and are often keen to cool down from the heat with a refreshing cold shower!
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.