- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 13
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Your dining experience in Lambert's Bay will be one to remember. This openair restaurant, Muisbosskerm, was rated by National Geographic as having one of the 'Top Ten Sea Views to Dine For'
- Take a canoe adventure down South Africa's longest stream, the picturesque Orange River
- The scale of Fish River Canyon is staggering, but stunning African birdlife and a colourchanging sunset makes it so much more than one of the world's largest gorges
- As eerie as they are fascinating, the sand dunes of the Sossusvlei can be seen in all their blazing glory from the top of Dune 45
Travel to Namibia and discover one of the most sparsely populated countries on earth. Crossing the border from South Africa, encounter Namibia's treacherously beautiful coastline, its soaring sand dunes, incredible moonscapes and savanna grasslands teeming with wildlife. Namibia is a country of contrasts and a paradise for wilderness lovers. See the best of this spectacular region by canoeing down rivers, scaling sand dunes, walking through the desert, savouring local dishes and relaxing in quaint towns and cities. Travel from Cape Town to Windhoek and get ready for an unforgettable adventure.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Fish River Canyon
Solitaire – Sossusvlei
Etosha National Park
Etosha National Park
- Lodge (6 nights), Hotel (4 nights), Guesthouse (2 nights)
- 12 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , Canoe
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Lamberts Bay - Cape Gannet Island
- Fish River Canyon - Canyon entrance
- Orange River - Canoe trip
- Sesriem - Sesriem Canyon Visit
- Sossusvlei - Dune 45
- Damaraland - Petrified Forest
- Damaraland - Twyfelfontein Bushman Paintings
- Etosha National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drives
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Windhoek are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Namibia Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 155+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Namibia Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Namibia Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Namibia Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the ‘big five’. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland
- You don't need to be a super-fit athlete to go on an overland safari, but you will need a good level of physical resilience and movement, especially for entering and exiting the vehicles, and for taking long trips on bumpy roads. There's also a half-day canoe trip along the Orange River.
- Namibia summer ( Nov-Mar ) can be very hot and humid with maximum temperatures around 30-35°C and peaks of over 40°C in the desert.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- You may also want to check out our Amazing Southern Africa trip if you have more time to explore in southern Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers