Looking for available travel experts
After trying too hard to attract tourists for decades, Brazil has finally come up in a big way. The country is now attracting all kinds of travelers with its Patanal adventures, the biodiversity of the Amazon, enchanting coastal drives of the northeast, exotic beaches of Costa Verde and the luxe resorts of Santa Catarina. City dwellers enjoy the culture and lively attractions of Salvador da Bahia and food lovers cannot miss out on a trip to Sao Paulo.
There are a few adventures that simply have to become a part of your holidays in Brazil. The Iguacu Falls, one of the most beautiful waterfalls on the planet, is a must-see, as is the Amazon rainforest, home to some of the most unique species. Other things to see include Christ the Redeemer, Ipanema Beach, Sugarloaf Mountain and Teatro Municipal.
- Look over Rio de Janeiro from the Christ the Redeemer statue
- Dance the streets during Carnaval (held just before Lent each year, typically during February or early March)
- Search for toucans in the Amazon rainforest
- Relax on the Copacabana beaches
- Explore the depths of Buraco das Araras, a massive sandstone crater
- Climb Sugarloaf Mountain
- Snorkel in the Rio de Prata
- A Brazil tour is not for relaxing indoors. Brazilians love to be outside, and the country has plenty of natural phenomena to explore: from the Amazon rainforest to the Pantanal wetlands and sandy tropical beaches. Pack your sunscreen.
- Brazilians are some of the most outgoing people in the world. Get ready for plenty of energetic (and loud) conversation with locals.
- Get ready to party. Beyond Carnaval and the New Year's Reveillon, Rio de Janeiro is known for hosting many free music festivals throughout the year.
- English isn't as widely spoken as you would expect. Waiters, taxi drivers and others in the tourism industry will try their best, but have patience and prepare a few words in Portuguese just in case.
- Unlike in some countries, pedestrians do not have the right of way in Brazil. Do not try to jaywalk, and take extra caution when crossing the road.
Brazil has seasonal weather so please do check up on best time to visit Brazil before planning your tour.