- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- age_requirement 5+ years old
- Low traffic route to Kilimanjaro
- Enjoy the beautiful views as Lemosho is considered the most scenic route on Kilimanjaro
Luckily, despite its growing popularity, especially for second time Kilimanjaro climbers, Lemosho sees a very low number of people and truly offers and incredible adventure on the highest peak in Africa, and the highest free standing mountain in the world.
Maasai Wanderings is looking very much forward to providing you with a climb of a lifetime. No previous mountaineering experience is required for this trip.
As such, I selected Maasai Wanderings for the good reviews I had and also because it is part of the Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (you can have more details here: http://www.mountainexplorers.org/) that was a concern for me after my first experience. And what I can say is that I have not been disappointed, everything was perfect from the beginning to the end.
We were guided by Julius and his team that I recommend. He is a very nice guy, likable, always calm, encouraging you and giving all information required when you need it. He is adapting to you, and most of the time the first days, slowing you down to maximize a progressive acclimatization. I was interested by flowers and history of Kilimanjaro (snow cover, geology) and this guy is a big library.
Food was very good, varied and always in good quantity. It is surprising to see what the cooker is able to do in such conditions. There was a big mess tent where all meals were taken when it was not possible outside. The cooker is cooking just in front of you. The tent had also two extension rooms on each sides dedicated for staff (relaxing/sleeping). It was funny to see that despite of the altitude, the coldness etc. they were always happy, smiling, talking all time etc.
Everybody was dressed properly and adapted to the mountain conditions, even for the shoes. This is important to note because I have been very sad when I saw few other porters from other companies dressed just with a tee-shirt with holes everywhere or not descent shoes. When we reached the last camp (Barafu Hut) at around 13:00, one of the porter was sick and Julius, the guide, decided to escort him down to the gate quickly. He was back to Barafu Camp few hours before we left the camp to climb the final step and came with us! Everybody in the team successfully reached the top Uhuru Peak and of course everybody was very happy. Once again it has been an excellent trip and experience. I keep a lot of good memories.
For these reasons I recommend clearly Maasi Wanderings, for the quality of the guiding, the food, the tents, the team, all the equipments provided (and in good shape).”
Day 1: Hike from Arusha (2,350m) to Forest Camp
Day 2: Hike from Forest Camp (2,790m) to Shira One
Day 3: Hike 10.6km from Shira One (3,490m) to Moir Camp
Day 4: Hike from Moir Camp (4,150m) to Barranco
Day 5: Hike from Barranco (3,955m) to Karanga Valley
Day 6: Hike from Karang (4,020m) to Barafu (4,600m)
Day 7: Hike from Barafu to Summit (5,895m) to Mweka
Day 8: Hike from Mweka (3,075m) to Arusha (1,645m)
- All transport - 4WD Land Rovers or safari vehicles
- Accommodation as detailed - 3 person tents shared by two people when camping
- Camping equipment (except sleeping bags and personal kit)
- Services of guides and porters
- All National Park entrance and camp site fees.
- All food - breakfasts, packed lunches and evening meals
- Donations and payments to local community project
- International flights
- Accommodation and airport transfers before & after the trek
- Travel and personal accident insurance
- Visa, passport, vaccinations, medicines
- Expenditure on personal bar bills (including all additional drinks) drinks, souvenirs, personal items
- Optional excursions/activities not detailed in itinerary
- Any additional services requested
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.