- duration 23 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- Explore the world’s seventh continent on the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot;
- Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers;
- See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, often referred to as “the Galapagos of the South.” This includes more than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of penguin;
- Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyage on South Georgia and pause for a moment at his graveside;
Our Epic Antarctica voyage is called so for a reason—it includes all of the major Antarctic highlights you can imagine. From the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) to South Georgia to the Antarctic Peninsula, you will have countless unforgettable moments on this adventure-packed, 23-day voyage. Start with the Falklands, reminiscent of both sandy Cape Cod and the English moors, home to albatross, dolphins, and five species of penguins. From there, venture to South Georgia where you’ll enter the home of 300,000 breeding king penguins, 50 million other seabirds and 5 million seals. Then, explore the stunning Antarctic Peninsula, and finally cross the Antarctic Circle—a significant milestone for any world traveler.
Starting in 2021, this itinerary allows you to the opportunity to experience our pioneering new vessel, Ultramarine. This purpose-built vessel is designed to extend the boundaries of polar exploration and offer an unmatched Antarctic experience, including a flightseeing tour you’ll never forget and a range of adventure options more extensive than any other ship in its class.
Day 1 : Arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina
Day 2 : Embarkation Day
Day 3 : At Sea
Days 4 & 5 : Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Days 6 & 7 : At Sea
Days 8 to 11 : South Georgia
Days 12 & 13 : At Sea
Days 14 to 16 : South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Days 17 & 18 : Antarctic Circle
Days 19 & 20 : Northbound Along the Peninsula
Days 21 & 22 : Crossing the Drake Passage
Day 23 : Disembarkation in Ushuaia
- 1 Breakfast
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Epic Antarctica: Crossing the Circle via Falklands and South Georgia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 4759 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 124 days before departure. For any departures within 03 March 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Epic Antarctica: Crossing the Circle via Falklands and South Georgia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Epic Antarctica: Crossing the Circle via Falklands and South Georgia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.