- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit the historic city of Salta
- Tour the impressive Salinas Grandes
- Explore the Hills of Seven Colors in Jujuy
- Discover the magical town of Purmamarca
Follow the trail of the famous Train to the Clouds in Salta to enjoy incredible views. Taste some of the best wines you'll ever find in exclusive wineries. Try a variety of empanadas (each northern province has its own, signature empanada) and see unique, sculped rocks en route.
Learn more about the culture of the people who live in this dry, rugged, hilly terrain before enjoying our transfer service back to the airport.
I hope you are all well in Buenos Aires. For us, it's back to the cold, and to work of course. We would really have liked to stay longer...
As far as hotels are concerned, we thought they all had their special charm.
If I had to name a favourite, it would be the hotel Killa, in Cafayate. The staff was splendid and very helpful (the manageress gave us a lot of advice about rte 40. The same is valid for the El Cortijo stall, in Cachi).
The view from the terrasse of hotel Iruja, overseeing the village and valley, was unique.
El Antiguo Convento, in Salta, had a special "old Spain" atmosphere.
One of the highlights of the trip was the drive up the Abra del Acay, something we would never have done had you not sent us there !
Some people here think we were crazy to do it ("can you imagine, a breakdown of the car in that remote area" Well, says I, no risk, no fun Ha Ha). We thought it was very exciting, but I have to say that with any kind of water (rain), a 4X4 would be required. Route 9, from San Salvador de Jujuy to Salta was also a jungle beauty!
All in all, a fantastic experience that made us appreciate Argentina, and make us want to come back.
Thank you for that.”
Thanks so much for your email and again thanks for coming and picking us up in San Antonio de Areco...above and beyond and appreciated! Our flight back went smoothly and it was good to be back home after 30 days on the road.
We just finished an album of our Patagonia trip and Paul has been telling everyone of our experiences. All in all it was a great trip filled with some good memories...
To answer some of your question...
Favorite hotel...Lirolay Suites in Bariloche
Los Sauces in El Calafate
Excursion has to be with Federico Kawen Adventures, kayak trip to Lago Mascardi
Best of traveling with Say Hueque: Timely transfers, and knowledgeable guides like yourself!
Improvements: Better communication, reply promptly to emails.
Make sure that independent travelers do not get put in an excursion package that is overcrowded and impersonal...otherwise we would have chosen a tour group instead of traveling on our own. The Christiana Upsala Glacier tour was an example of being overcrowded.
Thanks Patty for your recipe and keep in touch.”
Day 1: Welcome to Northern Argentina
Day 2: Salta Tours: Safari to the Clouds – Salt Flats – Purmam
Day 3: Humahuaca Gorge, Salta & Jujuy trips
Day 4: Salta Tours: Calchaqui Valley Excursion
Day 5: Salta Tours: Calchaqui Valley Excursion. The Devil Gorg
Day 6: Salta, end of your Adventure in Argentina!
- Transfers mentioned on the itinerary
- 3 nights in Salta, 1 night in Cafayate & 1 Purmamarca
- Breakfasts and meals mentioned in the itinerary
- 2 days' excursion of the Calchaqui Valley
- A full-day excursion of Salinas Grandes
- A visit to the Humahuaca Gorge
- Bilingual guides (English / Spanish)
- International or domestic flights or buses
- Travel / medical insurance
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPassport, Visa and Vaccinations It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventive medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Say Hueque.