- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Immerse yourself in a previously isolated country
- Cycle from mountain plateaux to the Albanian Riviera
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Butrint
Some say that visiting Albania is as close as you'll get to travelling back in time. It wasn't until the collapse of the People's Socialist Republic of Albania in 1991 that the world got its first glimpse of the country within. Huge snow-capped mountains, inviting beaches, pretty rural villages, a genuine subsistence culture and an exceptionally friendly welcome is what you will find here. We cycle through the very best of Europe's beautiful unknown, beginning our tour on the border of Macedonia, biking towards the ancient town of Gjirokastra passing soaring peaks and lush green valleys. From here we begin our descent to the Albanian Riviera passing the UNESCO site of Butrint and Llogara National Park, before relaxing by the sea at our hotel in Vlorë.
Day 1: Start Pogradec.
Day 2: Transfer to Korçë; steady climb through a landscape of barren rock
interspersed with wild flowers; cycle towards Grammoz Mountain and over the
Barmash Pass (1159m) to Gërmenj.
Day 3: Cycle through high grassy plateaux surrounded by soaring peaks before
descending to Carshove and on to Benje; ride to thermal springs for a swim.
Day 4: Valley ride towards Kelcyra; after lunch at Tepele Waterfalls transfer to
Gjirokastra for afternoon city tour.
Day 5: Transfer up the Muzina Pass, long descent to Sarandë via the coast and the
UNESCO site of Butrint.
Day 6: Spectacular coastal ride to the long beach of Himarë Bay.
Day 7: Ride towards Vlorë; optional 1043m climb to the Llogara Pass; long descent
through Llogara N.P. finishing by the coast.
Day 8: End Vlorë.
- 5 nights hotels, 2 nights guesthouses , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 2 dinners included
- 6 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local cycling leader and driver. Min age 16 yrs
- Trip can be combined with Cycle Macedonia & Northern Albania
- E-bike hire available on request
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Pogradec and from Vlore are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling in Albania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling in Albania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling in Albania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling in Albania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.