- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Immerse yourself in a previously isolated country
- Cycle from mountain plateaux to the Albanian Riviera
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Butrint
Some say that visiting Albania is as close as you'll get to travelling back in time. It wasn't until the collapse of the People's Socialist Republic of Albania in 1991 that the world got its first glimpse of the country within. Huge snow-capped mountains, inviting beaches, pretty rural villages, a genuine subsistence culture and an exceptionally friendly welcome is what you will find here. We cycle through the very best of Europe's beautiful unknown, beginning our tour on the border of Macedonia, biking towards the ancient town of Gjirokastra passing soaring peaks and lush green valleys. From here we begin our descent to the Albanian Riviera passing the UNESCO site of Butrint and Llogara National Park, before relaxing by the sea at our hotel in Vlorë.
Day 1: Start Pogradec.
Day 2: Transfer to Korçë; steady climb through a landscape of barren rock
interspersed with wild flowers; cycle towards Grammoz Mountain and over the
Barmash Pass (1159m) to Gërmenj.
Day 3: Cycle through high grassy plateaux surrounded by soaring peaks before
descending to Carshove and on to Benje; ride to thermal springs for a swim.
Day 4: Valley ride towards Kelcyra; after lunch at Tepele Waterfalls transfer to
Gjirokastra for afternoon city tour.
Day 5: Transfer up the Muzina Pass, long descent to Sarandë via the coast and the
UNESCO site of Butrint.
Day 6: Spectacular coastal ride to the long beach of Himarë Bay.
Day 7: Ride towards Vlorë; optional 1043m climb to the Llogara Pass; long descent
through Llogara N.P. finishing by the coast.
Day 8: End Vlorë.
- 5 nights hotels, 2 nights guesthouses , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 2 dinners included
- 6 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local cycling leader and driver. Min age 16 yrs
- Trip can be combined with Cycle Macedonia & Northern Albania
- E-bike hire available on request
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Pogradec are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling in Albania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 61 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 20 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycling in Albania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling in Albania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.