Spending your holidays in Perth means you will get to immerse yourself in an enjoyable blend of all the famous Australian markers: long stretches of sandy beaches, quirky wildlife and unmistakably laid-back vibe, all set in a distinctly metropolitan backdrop. Due to its rapidly evolving trajectory, the once remote country town now boasts a myriad of hip art galleries, independent cinemas and some of the finest eateries in the country. When all this is taken into consideration, it becomes clear why a trip to Perth is a must-visit stop for all travelers exploring Western Australia.
- Swan Valley is one of Australia’s oldest wine regions. This tranquil getaway is home to a number of rustic cellars, but also art galleries, restaurants and lush vineyards that stretch as far as the eye can see.
- Perth boasts exquisite urban greenery, with Kings Park being the prime example. This luscious oasis is nestled in the central district, overlooking the Swan River.
- Art Gallery of Western Australia is contained within the Perth Cultural Center; it houses a large collection which includes indigenous art and more contemporary pieces by Australian and international artists.
- Caversham Wildlife Park is the prime destination for getting acquainted with Australia’s exotic wildlife. At this family-friendly reserve, you can interact with kangaroos, wombats and other animals native to this part of the world.
- Perth boasts more sunny days than any other major Australian city. Due to its Mediterranean-like climate, you can expect favorable weather year-round; however, if you want to secure ideal temperatures and minimal chances of rain, make sure to visit Perth between the months of December and March.
- No trip to Perth would be complete without lazing around on one of its alluring beaches. Despite its reputation for being the most popular sandy getaway in the city, Scarborough Beach still offers plenty of room and tranquility to all of its visitors.
- While in Perth, make sure to visit the nearby town of Freemantle, a historic maritime hub that has been transformed into a treasure trove of cultural attractions, bustling markets and chic boutiques.