- 1.05K views
- ~ mins read
With the monsoon season long over and winter yet to set in, Nepal in November flaunts clear skies, moderate temperatures, and excellent mountain views. Take on a trek to the famed Annapurna or Everest regions of the Himalayas, or enjoy the vivid festivities of Kathmandu. November is an ideal time to explore Nepal and visitors will find a wide range of activities for all interests.
- Michal Zemke
- From Poland
Temperatures in and around the Kathmandu Valley are warm to mild and rainfall minimal. The visibility is excellent throughout the month, providing stunning views of the high Himalayas, even from distant cities like Kathmandu. In Kathmandu, average highs are around 23°C and overnight lows hover around 8°C to 20°C. However, temperatures in the high altitudes dip below the freezing point, but precipitation is low. Towards the Terai belt, the weather is noticeably warmer. Places like Chitwan see average daytime temperatures of around 26°C.
For a seasonal overview, check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal.
Weather in Nepal in November - Rainfall and Temperatures
|Avg Daily (°C)||19||21||25||28||29||29||28||29||28||27||24||20|
|Avg Nightly (°C)||2||5||8||12||16||19||20||20||19||13||8||4|
|Avg Daily (°F)||67||70||77||83||85||85||83||85||83||81||76||68|
|Avg Nightly (°F)||36||41||47||54||61||67||68||68||67||56||47||40|
|Avg Rainfall (mm)||14||19||34||61||124||236||363||331||200||51||8||13|
|Avg Daily (°C)||27||24||20|
|Avg Nightly (°C)||13||8||4|
|Avg Daily (°F)||81||76||68|
|Avg Nightly (°F)||56||47||40|
|Avg Rainfall (mm)||51||8||13|
Despite November being a popular time to visit Nepal, the excellent trekking conditions and milder weather will allow you to discover a range of Nepal’s cities and regions. Here are a few of the best reasons to visit Nepal in November.
- Ideal conditions: November has temperate weather as compared to the rest of the year. The month offers visitors endless views while trekking in the mountains with little to no rainfall.
- Festival season: One of Nepal’s most prominent festivals, Tihar, is celebrated in late October or early to mid-November, depending on the lunar calendar. Meaning “festival of lights,” Tihar features atmospheric candlelit ceremonies and stunning colored mandalas across the country. Guru Nanak Jayanti is also held in November. You can see hundreds of brightly dressed worshippers and spectacular performances.
- Wildlife spotting: The wildlife comes out of hiding after Nepal’s rainy season in National Parks like Chitwan and Bardia. If luck stands on your side, you will be able to get up close with tigers, elephants, and rhinos.
- Outdoor activities: Temperatures in November are excellent for trying adventure sports such as mountain biking, white-water rafting, and paragliding. Pokhara is a famous hub for these sports and provides 360° views of the Himalayas.
- Photo opportunities: Sunshine and blue skies across Nepal provide the perfect backdrop for photography, whether it’s a once-in-a-lifetime shot of Everest, a rarely sighted Bengal tiger in the jungles of Chitwan, or an atmospheric shot of the iconic Bhoudannath Temple.
November is the tail-end of the high season in Nepal. Although you might find some crowds, it is the best time to visit all regions of the country. The bustling streets of Kathmandu are easy to explore in November’s cooler temperatures; pick up some souvenirs from Mangal Bazaar or visit Kathmandu’s most famous sites, such as Swayambhu Temple and Boudhanath Stupa. You can explore the temples and bazaars amid mild conditions and embark on a food tour to sample the authentic food of different regions.
Head out to Pokhara for a lakeside visit and adventure activities. Pokhara is also the starting point for numerous treks in the Annapurna region, or you can catch a flight to Mustang or even Jomson. Most people also visit Everest during this season, but a Langtang trek is just as exhilarating without much sparser footfall.
Likewise, while everyone heads for the clouds, you may choose the warm jungles of Chitwan to spot tropical birds or explore the traditional Nepalese way of life in the nearby Tharu villages.
November is arguably the best month to visit Nepal. Kathmandu, observes numerous festivities throughout the month and the Himalayas have ideal conditions for trekking, with no rain or snow and clear blue skies.
If you need help planning a customized trip to Nepal in November, you can always reach out to our local travel experts in Nepal to devise a tailored itinerary. For more information and insights, you can browse through our Nepal tours in November.