Best Time to Visit Israel
- Jan Avg Daily: 17 ° C Avg Nightly: 8 ° C
- Feb Avg Daily: 18 ° C Avg Nightly: 8 ° C
- Mar Avg Daily: 20 ° C Avg Nightly: 10 ° C
- Apr Avg Daily: 25 ° C Avg Nightly: 12 ° C
- May Avg Daily: 27 ° C Avg Nightly: 15 ° C
- Jun Avg Daily: 29 ° C Avg Nightly: 18 ° C
- Jul Avg Daily: 31 ° C Avg Nightly: 21 ° C
- Aug Avg Daily: 31 ° C Avg Nightly: 21 ° C
- Sep Avg Daily: 30 ° C Avg Nightly: 20 ° C
- Oct Avg Daily: 28 ° C Avg Nightly: 17 ° C
- Nov Avg Daily: 24 ° C Avg Nightly: 12 ° C
- Dec Avg Daily: 18 ° C Avg Nightly: 9 ° C
- 2.32K views
- ~ mins read
Israel should be on top of every traveler’s list. It is a country with thousands of years of history, stunning natural beauty, and immense religious significance. Whether you want to visit the country for religious purposes, or to just relax and explore the cultural beauty, Israel has a lot to offer. You just have to figure out when to visit Israel, and you’re good to go!
- High Season: June - September
- Low Season: December - February
- All Seasons: June - September (summer), October - November (fall), December - February (winter), March - May (spring)
- The best time to visit Israel is between June to September. The weather in Israel is warm and comfortable during these months.
- There are a number of important Jewish festivals between June to September, making this a good time to travel for religious purposes as well.
- You can also visit Israel between March - May, or October - November, when the weather is mild, and the crowds are fewer than in the peak season.
- While December - February is low season as the rest of the country gets really cold, if you’re traveling to Israel for the Dead Sea, or Eilat, this is a good time to visit.
Israel is a country that holds a lot of religious and cultural significance to a number of people across the globe. If you are a fan of cultural exploration, you will never tire of Israel. If you are a bigger fan of some laidback rest and relaxation, you should definitely visit Israel for its beaches. There is something for everybody in this beautiful country. However, it is of utmost importance for you to figure out when to visit Israel.
The weather in Israel is actually quite moderate, so it will be possible for you to comfortably travel throughout the country in most months. The winters do get a little chilly, so it is not highly recommended that you visit between December and February. The best time to visit Israel is between June - September, which is the summer season. The weather is absolutely beautiful, making this the high season in the country.
If you are not a fan of crowds, and want to enjoy the country in solitude, October - November, or March - May might the best time to visit Israel. These months boast great weather, and fewer crowds than the peak season.
March to May — Spring / Shoulder Season
Spring, in a way, is the ideal time to visit Israel. The weather in Israel is pleasant and temperate, with little rainfall. This is a shoulder season, so the prices for travel and accommodation will be lower during this period as well. You will be able to enjoy most tourist destinations without having to face high crowds.
- Avg. Temperature: 50 – 81° F / 10 – 27° C (in Tel Aviv)
- Rainfall: 10 – 60 mm
- Season: Spring
- Highlights: If you’re traveling to Israel in the Spring season, you should definitely visit Tel Aviv. The weather is perfect - and you can have an experience of a lifetime biking across the historic city. Moreover, the Jewish festival of Passover takes place in March and April, and you will be able to partake in an important cultural event - it will definitely be an experience of a lifetime. This is the best time to visit the beautiful Hula Valley as well, as the flora and fauna come to life in the most beautiful way possible, following the cold winter.
Israel in March
Israel in April
Israel in May
June to September — Summer / High Season
Summer in Israel can be quite hot, but it is the peak tourist season. There might be some hot desert wind (hamsin) blowing in at times, but it won’t be too unbearable, provided you’re planning on traveling in the urban spots, and staying away from the deserts. This is the holiday season across the world, so expect lots of crowds in Israel. You will have to book your flights and accommodation well in advance as well.
- Avg. Temperature: 64 – 88° F / 18 – 31° C (in Tel Aviv)
- Rainfall: 10 – 10 mm
- Season: Summer
- Highlights: This is when to visit Israel if you want to go to Jerusalem, or the highlands, as the weather is splendid during these months. Tel Aviv’s beaches are a great spot for those who want to tan, and enjoy some great music. There are a number of important cultural events happening during these months as well - from the Israel Festival in Jerusalem, to the Tel Aviv Pride, Karmiel Dance Festival, or the Jerusalem Beer Festival. This is an exciting time to be in Israel, for sure! Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashana might fall in September - so keep your eyes open if you’re traveling during this period.
Israel in June
Israel in July
Israel in August
Israel in September
Summer in Israel
October and November — Fall / Shoulder Season
This is the best time to visit Israel if you want great weather, scattered crowds, and discounted prices. The weather in Israel becomes colder, as the summer heat begins to fade away, and slowly, the rainfall picks up in some places. You might get discounted accommodation during this time - but there may be some crowds around Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur periods, so book in advance if traveling for the festivals.
- Rainfall: 30 – 70 mm (in Tel Aviv)
- Season: Fall
- Highlights: This is a great time for you to visit the Hula Valley, where you can see some migratory birds, and the beautiful fall takes over the surroundings. Golan Heights is also amazing in the fall season. If you’re a cultural traveler, Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year) and Yom Kippur happen between September and October, and attract a large population. Besides religious tourism, you might not be able to sight-see too much during the festivals, as the country will definitely come to a standstill around this period.
Israel in October
Israel in November
December to February — Winter / Low Season
Winter in Israel can get quite cold - with snow in Golan Heights, and sometimes, in Jerusalem. This is the period of highest rainfall in the country, so your travels might be cut short due to the rains. This is when to visit Israel if you want to do budget traveling, for this is the low season. You will get immense discounts on travel and accommodation costs!
- Avg. Temperature: 46 – 64° F / 8 – 18° C (in Tel Aviv)
- Rainfall: 70 – 110 mm
- Season: Winter
- Highlights: Most parts of the country will be freezing during these months, so if you want to avoid the cold and the rain, head to the Dead Sea, or Eilat, where it will be warmer. If you’re a cultural tourist, this is one of the best seasons to visit Israel, as Christmas is a huge celebration in Jerusalem. There will be snow, but there is something rather special about observing Christmas rites in the oldest spot of Christianity! It’s an experience that will leave you humbled, and yearning for more!
Israel in December
Israel in January
Israel in February
Winter in Israel