- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5199 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Trek the second highest mountain in Kenya and in Africa
- Experience the spectacular views, flora and fauna
- Transport to the mountain base is included from your Nairobi city hotel
- Accommodation on the trek is camping throughout
For trekkers, point Lenana at 4,895 m is the ultimate destination. The final nighttime ascent to the Lenana peak can be as difficult as any ascent in East Africa. The point will be accessed from different routes depending on availability of time and climbing experience. The views en-route, the physical exertion and the rough climbing experience combine to contribute to a well-deserved sense of accomplishment for climbers.
Day 1: Nairobi – Sirimon gate – Old Moses camp (3,300m)
Day 2: Old Moses – Shipton camp (4200m)
Day 3: Shipton Camp – Acclimatisation Day
Day 4: Shipton – Point Lenana (4,985m) – Mt Kenya Bandas
Day 5: Meru Bandas – Chogoria town
- All transportation to/from the mountain
- All food while on the mountain
- All park fees
- All guiding services
- Accommodation in mountain huts/ camping where applicable.
- Porter support for the climb
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Tips and gratuities for guides and porter
- Beverages while not on the mountain
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.