- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- One of the last truly wild places on earth, Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see orangutans at a sanctuary and quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
- Discover the colourful history of a variety of different ethnic groups and spend the night in a homestay with a local family.
- Explore labyrinthian caves and watch as millions of bats emerge from their depths at sunset, darkening the sky like a plume of black smoke, in Mulu National Park.
- Follow in the infamous footsteps of tribal warriors on a trek through wild, dense jungle on the Headhunters’ Trail – rich with wildlife like hornbills and monkeys.
Wild, tropical and remote – think of Borneo as South East Asia's answer to the Amazon. This 10-day tour is full of active adventure set in natural paradise. See orangutans swinging through the rainforest treetops at a sanctuary in Semenggoh, weave through the vast Mulu cave systems and spend a night in an Iban homestay. Follow the Headhunters' Trail through dense jungle in Sarawak, wander along Kuching's riverside promenade and relax on golden-sand beaches on Labuan Island.
Bako National Park - Kuching
Mulu National Park
Mulu National Park
Mulu National Park
Headhunters Trail - Guesthouse
- Cabin (multishare) (2 nights), Dormitory (1 night), Guesthouse (1 night), Hotel (4 nights), Resort (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- 4x4 , Ferry , Longtail boat , Plane , Taxi , Mini van
- An expert tour leader
- Bako National Park
- Kuching - Semenggoh Orangutan Sanctuary
- Mulu National Park
- Mulu National Park - Deer & Lang Caves
- Mulu National Park - Wind & Clearwater Caves
- Mulu National Park - Local Dinner
- Mulu National Park - Picnic Lunch
- Mulu National Park - Guided trek along Headhunters' Trails
- Mulu National Park - Longboat ride along the Melinau & Terikan Rivers
- Labuan Island - Labuan Historical Tour
- Any international flights to Kuching and from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild Sarawak tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild Sarawak tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wild Sarawak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild Sarawak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- It’s best to pack light for this trip. There is a strict 15 kg maximum luggage limit on the included internal flights. Excess luggage will incur extra fees to the traveller.
- A small to medium size day backpack is required for the time in Mulu NP and on the Headhunters Trail. Your main pack will be forwarded on, so there will be days when you don’t have access to it. Pack light and smart.
- When staying in the National Park or at the homestay, accommodation is multishare and can be basic. The unqiue atmosphere and wonderful location more than make up for this though.
- This trip includes a number of wonderful long walks through forest and jungle, especially the 11.5-kilometre Headhunters’ Trail, so a good level of fitness is required.
- You may also want to check out our Best of Borneo at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/malaysia/best-borneo-127150 if you have longer time to explore in Borneo.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal