- National parks
- Hot springs
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the natural and historical beauty of northern section of Borneo in the Malaysian state of Sabah, and understand why this one of the original and bestselling Intrepid adventures.
- Climb Mt Kinabalu – the literal pinnacle of all treks in South East Asia – with local guides whose families have trekked the mountain for generations, witnessing a stunning sunrise after a morning hike.
- Spend time getting to know the unique wildlife of Borneo at conservation sanctuaries for orangutans, proboscis monkeys and sun bears.
- Witness the special life cycle of sea turtles coming ashore on Turtle Island to lay their eggs on the beach, with the hatchlings making a dash down the beach to their new life.
Explore a mystical land of natural beauty and rare wildlife on this 12-day Sabah Adventure. With its collection of unique animals, ancient traditions, hot springs, tribal villages, loveable orangutans and incredible views, Sabah has something for everyone. Experience the very best of this part of Borneo – climbing Mt Kinabalu, watching sea turtles lay their eggs and sharing laughs with your local village hosts. Each moment of this incredible small group adventure will give you a fascinating insight into the wild life of Borneo.
Mt Kinabalu National Park
Mt Kinabalu National Park
Mt Kinabalu – Poring Hot Springs
Poring Hot Springs
- Homestay (1 night), Hostel (3 nights), Hotel (5 nights), Lodge (2 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Private mini van , River Boat , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Dusun Village - Guided village walk
- Dusun Village - Cultural performance
- Mt Kinabalu National Park - Mt Kinabalu Climb
- Poring Hot Springs - Hot Springs
- Kinabatangan River - Night jungle walk
- Kinabatangan River - Afternoon wildlife cruise
- Kinabatangan River - Dawn wildlife cruise
- Turtle Island - Turtle Island Marine Park
- Turtle Island - Turtle Hatchery Visit
- Turtle Island - Dinner
- Sepilok - Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Sandakan - War Memorial
- Any international flights to/from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sabah Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 81+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sabah Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sabah Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sabah Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Climbing Mt Kinabalu is a challenge that shouldn't be underestimated. Elevation is above 2800 m and we rise early to summit in the dark in order to be able to witness the sunrise. It's an unforgettable climb for sure, but you'll need to have an excellent level of fitness to complete it. Read our blog here for everything you need to know about climbing Mt Kinabalu: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/guide-to-climbing-mt-kinabalu-borneo/
- There are strict luggage limits of maximum 7 kg for carry on and 15 kg for check in luggage on our internal flight. Excess luggage will incur extra fees payable to the airline. Packing light is recommended anyway – it means less to carry on and off transport and accommodation.
- You'll need to pack some specific items for this trip – check the ‘Packing List’ in the Essential Trip Information for more details so you are prepared.
- You will get to experience a wide range of accommodation types on this trip – shared dormitory rooms in hostels, a homestay, resort, jungle lodge and hotels. Some may be a little more basic than our standard hotels, but their unique locations and close proximity to nature is what makes them special.
- This trip has a focus on nature and wildlife – definitely one for those who enjoy being outdoors. If you are looking for a trip to Borneo with a bit more comfort and without climbing Mt Kinabalu, check out Intrepid’s Classic Borneo adventure – search trip code TMKB on our website for more information.
- You may also want to check out our Best of Borneo at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/malaysia/best-borneo-127150 if you have longer time to explore in Borneo.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers