- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Cooking classes
- Countryside and village visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Gather fresh local ingredients for a cooking class.
- Embark on a river safari.
- Keep an eye out for proboscis monkeys and other wildlife.
- Visit a turtle hatchery on Libaran Island
Between its intriguing wildlife, skyscraper-height jungle canopies, and gorgeous coastlines teeming with tropical fish, this magical stretch of Borneo is positively bursting with stuff to see and do. This eight-day adventure promises to keep you busy; time spent marvelling at nature’s glory on Libaran Island, close encounters with orangutans at a rehabilitation centre, prowling the streets of Kota Kinabalu by night, and otherworldly wonders in the jungle. Borneo has it all, and in east Sabah, it’s all close at hand.
Day 1: Kota Kinabalu
Day 2: Kota Kinabalu/Kundasang
Day 3: Kundasang/Sungai Kinabatangan
Day 4: Sungai Kinabatangan
Day 5: Sungai Kinabatangan/Sepilok
Day 6: Sepilok/Pulau Libaran
Day 7: Pulau Libaran/Kota Kinabalu
Day 8: Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels/guesthouses (2 nts), homestay (1 nt, multi-share), jungle lodge (3 nts), permanent tented camp (1 nt).
7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD70-95 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, plane, boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mesilou Village Stay, Mesilou Village
- Your G for Good Moment: Libaran Island Village Walk, Pulau Libaran
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: Local Farms and Cooking Class, Mesilou Village
- Morning and evening Kinabatangan River safaris
- Guided oxbow lake visit and wildlife spotting (Kinabatangan)
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre visit
- Turtle hatchery visit
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Borneo – East Sabah Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Borneo – East Sabah Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Borneo – East Sabah Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo – East Sabah Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Merchandising : Jane Goodall CollectionA selection of wildlife-focused tours endorsed by world renowned primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall. Your purchase of a Jane Goodall Collection tour helps G Adventures support the Jane Goodall Institute’s mission to protect wildlife and empower local communities. Learn more.
- 5. Merchandising : Book Your BubbleThe Book Your Bubble Collection is a collection of 80 G Adventures tours that give travellers and their hand-picked crew the safety of travelling with people they know, combined with extra benefits for booking private travel.
- 6. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.