- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Relaxing cyclo tour with informative guide. Reunification Palace. Notre Dame Cathedral. Central Post Office. Opera House. Peaceful Thich Quang Duc Memorial. War Remnants Museum.
Why walk when you can recline and relax on your very own cyclo three-wheeled bike tour? Focus all of your attention on the spectacular highlights of Ho Chi Minh City, known as Saigon to some, with the wind in your hair and a camera in your hands. Don't miss out on these once-in-a-lifetime sites of Vietnam culture, scenery, thriving markets, the War Museum, and all the ornate architecture of palaces, temples, historical buildings, and monuments. Don't worry, it's not all sitting, you get to stretch your legs when venturing inside and around these beauts.
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting Point: 8:00am District 1 hotel pick-up
Finish Point: War Museum or hotel
Sit down, lean back and enjoy the wind in your hair on your very own cyclo tour of Ho Chi Minh City's stunning scenery, culture, and history! The first stop is Reunification Palace, the White House of Saigon, where you can capture pictures of the architecture while your guide tells of its history and significance. Next, ride to the Notre Dame Cathedral and admire the stunning French Colonial architecture, twin steeples, and stained glass. Head to Saigon's gigantic, bright yellow Central Post Office with domed ceilings and intricate arches. Be sure to grab a local postcard from one of the vendors and send it to your penpal. Cruise past the Hotel Continental Complex, which housed Newsweek and Time Magazine journalists during the Vietnam War. Snap photos of the intricate architecture at the famous Opera House (hopefully you can catch a show while in the city). Learn the history of the castle-like City Hall during a brief stop, then it's time to enjoy the local side of the city with a 30 minute ride down the beautiful Nquyen Hue Street along the Saigon River. After exploring the bustling Ben Thanh market, pass by ornate temples and spend some time at the peaceful Thich Quang Duc Memorial for the Buddhist monk who committed self-immolation on the busy streets in protest of the Vietnam War. Opt to visit the War Remnants Museum for a $2 entry fee to study exhibits about the first Indochina War with the French colonist and see the juxtaposition of how the Vietnam War is represented from the local perspective. This is where you say goodbye to your cyclo driver, unless you prefer to pass on the museum for a ride back to your hotel.
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
- No meals included
- Cyclo/bike taxi
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- English speaking guide
- Cyclo and driver
- Cyclo pick-up from District 1 hotel
- Two bottles of water
- Banh Mi (Vietnamese Baguette)
- Any international flights to/from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ho Chi Minh City Day Tour: Cyclo Discovery (half day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ho Chi Minh City Day Tour: Cyclo Discovery (half day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ho Chi Minh City Day Tour: Cyclo Discovery (half day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ho Chi Minh City Day Tour: Cyclo Discovery (half day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Physical Grading : 1 - EasyLight walking, few climbs more challenging than a flight of stairs. Easy does it.
- 3. Trip Type : Day ToursDay Tours let you experience the best a city has to offer in one day or less, and can be booked whether or not you’re on a multi-day tour.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.