- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycling in the Ionian islands with captivating scenery
- Exploring the small towns and villages en route
- Soaking up the hospitality onboard the comfortable sailing boat
Uncover Greek mythology on the Ionian islands as you cycle and sail between Ithaca, Cephalonia and Corfu. In the Ionian sea off the west coast of Greece and beyond the southern tip of the Peloponnese lie the idyllic Ionian Islands, the perfect setting for a cruising and cycling adventure. Travelling from Corfu, this journey leads you to some of the less visited regions in Greece. Discover the famous island of Ithaca, said to have been the home of Odysseus, the unforgettable green bird sanctuary island of Lefkas, mountainous Kefalonia, and the beautiful olive woods of the small island of Paxos. Cruising from island to island, we'll spend plenty of time ashore exploring fishing villages and historic sites by bike or just relaxing and enjoying the authentic Greek hospitality.
Day 1 : Board boat in Corfu
Day 2 : Cycle to Parga, cruise to Nidri on Lefkas island (28km/17.5mi)
Day 3 : Discover Lefkas Island by bike, cruise to Fiskardo on Kefalonia (35km/21mi)
Day 4 : Cycle to Sami via Melissani caves, cruise to Vathy on Ithaca Island (39km/25mi)
Day 5 : Cycle on the island of Ithaca, cruise to Meganisi (20 or 28km/13 or 17mi)
Day 6 : Cycling on the islands of Meganisi and Paxos (20km/13mi)
Day 7 : Explore the Island of Paxos, cruise to Corfu (23km/14mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in a twin cabin below deck with private bathroom (supplement applies for above deck or single cabin). If you are travelling by yourself you can be matched with another passenger. The compact cabins have a double bed or a double bed with additional single bunk bed. Excellent discounts apply to a third person sharing a triple cabin, with a configuration of a French bed (quite cosy for two people as it is a little smaller than a double) and a single bunk bed above. Note that the lower deck cabins by their very nature will be marginally noisier and less ventilated due to their proximity to the engine and working part of the boat.
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches*, 3 dinners (does not include drinks). The cook on board is a member of the crew and prepares the meals. *Note that the included lunches and dinners may be swapped, your tour guide will inform you locally when these will be included.
- 21 speed hybrid bike rental with pannier (electric bikes available on request - a supplement applies - limited supplies). The guides will carry bike locks for the group when cycling, or individual locks can be provided on request if you decide to bike alone (limited supply).
- Guided cycling tours on the islands and mainland
- Experienced crew of 4 including English speaking tour guide
- Bed linen and towels
- Entries to museums and archeological sites for group visits
- Information pack including overview maps per cabin
- Travel to and from Corfu or Athens (depending on direction)
- Transfer from Corfu or Athens airport to the ship on embarkation and disembarkation days - reservation on request for an additional cost, ask our office for details
- Upgrade to a cabin on deck or single cabin – supplement applies, please ask our office for details
- Drinks including mineral water on board and meals not included
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance - mandatory *cruise cover may be required - check with your insurer
- Helmets - mandatory on all bike tours, you are encouraged to bring your own well-fitted helmet. A limited number of rental helmets are available on board (reservation essential), however we cannot guarantee their suitability
- Tips for the guide and crew
- Optional Bicyle insurance - payable in cash locally. EUR10 per person for trekking bike, EUR20 per person for electric bike. Please note that normal travel insurance often does not cover loss or damage to rental bikes. If you do not take out bike insurance you will need to pay for the cost of the bike or repair of damages.
- The boat does not offer a Wifi connection. If you need to connect during the tour we recommend taking your portable electronic device to a cafe or bar in the harbour as free wifi is available almost everywhere on purchase of something to eat or drink.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ionian Islands Bike & Sail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ionian Islands Bike & Sail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ionian Islands Bike & Sail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.