- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 40 minutes
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Guided tour on the Chavonnes Battery fortification and Museum
Graphic information boards in Afrikaans, English and Xhosa tells the story, displays show the results of the excavation work, including a well. Detailed models depict the battery in 1726, and a bird’s-eye view of Cape Town and Table Bay about 70 years later. One of the most popular sections is the gunnery display, a mixture of genuine artefacts, careful replicas and some of the best models to be found anywhere in South Africa. We have the largest selection of Muzzle-Loaded Cannon in SA and one of the few sites where they are fired off.
We look forward to providing you with a very informative and interesting 40 minutes guided tour.
- Guide from the local community
- Any international flights to/from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Guided Museum Tour of the Chavonnes Battery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.