Guided Museum Tour of the Chavonnes Battery
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 40 minutes
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- max group size 10
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-1532
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Guided tour on the Chavonnes Battery fortification and Museum
Graphic information boards in Afrikaans, English and Xhosa tells the story, displays show the results of the excavation work, including a well. Detailed models depict the battery in 1726, and a bird’s-eye view of Cape Town and Table Bay about 70 years later. One of the most popular sections is the gunnery display, a mixture of genuine artefacts, careful replicas and some of the best models to be found anywhere in South Africa. We have the largest selection of Muzzle-Loaded Cannon in SA and one of the few sites where they are fired off.
We look forward to providing you with a very informative and interesting 40 minutes guided tour.
- Guide from the local community
- Any international flights to/from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Guided Museum Tour of the Chavonnes Battery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.