- City sightseeing
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Local boat rides
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Travel from Thailand's lively capital and activityfilled Chiang Mai, to the riverside tranquillity of Laos and its stunning scenery.
- Ensure your holiday gives back by supporting organisations like COPE, which helps those injured by unexploded ordinance left from the Vietnam war.
- Rock the night away on the rails on a sleeper train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, then drift down the Mekong on a slow boat.
- Discover just why Luang Prabang has UNESCO status as you uncover the French Colonial influence, beautiful temples, traditional arts and the world renown night markets.
Travel from Bangkok to Vientiane experiencing the delights of northern Thailand and the laidback river lifestyle of Laos. Join us on a voyage of discovery and relaxation, taking in the bright lights of Bangkok in Thailand, the age-old charms of Luang Prabang in Laos and the temples of Vientiane. Travel down the mighty Mekong River and become immersed in the tranquillity of remote villages and meet friendly faces along the way.
Bangkok - Overnight train
Mekong River - Pak Beng
Mekong River - Luang Prabang
- Guesthouse (2 nights), Hotel (9 nights), Overnight train (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Longtail boat , Taxi , Minivan , Overnight train , Boat , Tuk tuk , Private bus
- An expert tour leader
- Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour
- Bangkok - Wat Pho
- Chiang Mai - Doi Suthep temple complex
- Mekong River - 2 day boat trip
- Luang Prabang - Pak Ou Caves
- Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Luang Prabang - Alms giving ceremony
- Luang Prabang - Laos Buffalo Dairy social enterprise visit
- Luang Prabang - MandaLao Elephant Conservation trek
- Luang Prabang - Lunch at Manda Lao Elephant Conservation
- Vientiane - COPE visit
- Vientiane - Wat Si Saket
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Vientiane are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Thailand & Laos Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Thailand & Laos Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Thailand & Laos Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Thailand & Laos Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You'll get to see lots of major highlights and cover plenty of distance over the course of this trip, which means some long travel days. Laos is less developed than some of its neighbours so roads can be bumpy, delays common and accommodation simpler in some locations compared to Thailand or Vietnam.
- Pak Beng, where we pause to break up our Mekong journey, is a remote and quiet town with little tourist infrastructure - a contrast to the traveller hubs of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang.
- It can be surprisingly cool, especially at night from November to February. Make sure you have some warm gear packed for this period so you can be comfortable.
- Due to dam construction upstream, water levels on the Mekong aren't as reliable as in previous years. When the Mekong River is at its lowest from February to April, part of the journey may occasionally need to be made overland by bus instead of by boat.
- There is free time in a number of destinations to spend as you wish. Your leader can make suggestions, and some prior research to work out what you are most interested in will help you make the most of your time.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions