- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Art and architecture
- 4x4, quad and ATV trips
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Desert Castles
- Amman city tour
- Roman Jerash
- Ajloun Castle
If you're looking to explore some of Jordan's most popular attractions such as Petra and Jerash, then this small-group Jordan tour is ideal, as we delve deep into its rich history, unique culture, its Middle Eastern cuisine and its rugged beauty.
We start in Jordan's busy capital of Amman - as we make our way to its towering 'Desert Castles' before we explore Amman on foot, enjoying falafel and hummus at a local restaurant before we learn a few Arabic phrases to use throughout the Jordan tour.
From Amman, we make our way to Jerash - one of the best Roman sites in the Mildde East. We'll take a hike to the imposing Aljoun Castle and search for the massive Bronze Age Dolmens, before spending the night with a Jordanian family as we learn more about their lifestyle.
The next stop on our Jordan tour is a visit to the Roman Mosaics at Madaba, which offers breathtaking views of Jericho and Israel from Mt. Nebo, before we head to the Dead Sea to stay in a 4-star hotel, floating in its highly saline waters.
After spending a few days at the Dead Sea, we'll head to the beautiful scenery of Dana Biosphere Reserve for a short hike in the hills around Dana village before we make our way to the Crusader Castle at Shobak. From here, we make our way to Petra - the main attraction of our Jordan tour.
We'll enjoy a guided tour of this rose-red city, before getting some free time to explore it independently. You can choose to walk up to the Monastery and the High Palace of Sacrifice before we make our way to the Wadi Rum Desert, where we'll camp underneath the stars with the Bedouins.
The next day sees head out on a jeep safari through Wadi Rum's desert terrain before spending time helping a local Bedouin shepherd with a few of his daily activities, as we gain a better insight into the lives of the locals. After lunch, we'll say goodbye to the desert as we make our way back to Amman to visit a coffee shop, try a shisha or enjoy a game of backgammon, as we look back at our time in Jordan.
This Jordan tour connects well with our Egypt and Israel tours, and can also be run privately at any time if our group departures don't work for you or you would like to customise the itinerary a little, perhaps adding on some time by the Red Sea in Aqaba.
Day 1 : Your Jordan tour begins in Amman. Airport to hotel transfer included
Day 2 : Exploring the ancient city of Jerash & Aljoun Castle
Day 3 : Travel from Ajloun to Madaba, Mount Nebo & the Dead Sea
Day 4 : Exploring Dana Biosphere Reserve and Shobak Castle en-route to Petra
Day 5 : The rose-red city of Petra and a Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
Day 6 : A jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum. Travel to Amman
Day 7 : Visiting Jordan’s imposing Desert Castles
Day 8 : Free time in Amman. Hotel to airport transfer included
- 5 nights in 3 & 4-star hotels
- Overnight village homestay in shared rooms
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- English speaking tour leader and guides
- Overnight Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum in comfortable tents
- 4x4 jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (available free as part of Jordan Pass)
- Entrance fees (discounted package included with Jordan Pass)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel gala dinner supplements if applied on Christmas & New Year's Eve
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 65 today.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jordan Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jordan Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jordan Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.