- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Search for the Big Five in Etosha National Park.
- Get the adrenaline pumping with adventure activities in Swakopmund.
- Tackle the world's largest sand dunes.
- Appreciate beauty in the Fish River Canyon.
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Lions, elephants, and springboks… oh my! On this two-week adventure, you'll experience incredible desert scenery, cosmopolitan city streets, and wonderful wildlife as you discover the diverse riches of South Africa and Namibia. Explore some of the world's highest sand dunes, visit Africa's largest canyon, and venture through Etosha National Park in search of the "big five." Our expert CEOs will reveal the region’s hidden gems, taking the hassle out of travel so you can sit back and soak it all in.
Day 1: Windhoek
Day 2: Windhoek/Waterberg Plateau
Day 3: Waterberg Plateau/Etosha National Park
Day 4: Etosha National Park
Day 5: Etosha National Park/Spitzkoppe
Day 6: Spitzkoppe/Swakopmund
Day 7: Swakopmund
Day 8: Swakopmund/Namib Desert
Day 9: Namib Desert
Day 10: Namib Desert/Fish River Canyon
Day 11: Fish River Canyon/Orange River
Day 12: Orange River/Cederberg
Day 13: Cederberg/Cape Town
Day 14: Cape Town
- Participation camping (8 nts), permanent tented camp (1 nt), guesthouse (2 nts, multi-share with up to 10 people), bush camping (1 nt), hostel (1 nt multi-share up to 4 people).
12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 9 dinners
Note: Allow USD75-100 for meals not included.
- Overland adventure vehicle (OAV), walking.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Penduka Village Restaurant & Shop, Windhoek
- Your G for Good Moment: !Khwa ttu San Culture and Education Centre, Yzerfontein
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Waterberg Plateau visit
- Etosha National Park entrance with wildlife safari drives
- Entrance to Sossusvlei Dunes, Fish River Canyon, and Spitzkoppe
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Windhoek and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cape & Dunes Southbound: Desert Camping & Safari Drives tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape & Dunes Southbound: Desert Camping & Safari Drives tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape & Dunes Southbound: Desert Camping & Safari Drives tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape & Dunes Southbound: Desert Camping & Safari Drives tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.