- duration 5 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Maximum altitude 1000 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike to the base of Torres del Paine and see its high peaks
- Get spectacular views of the French Valley Grey Glacier
- Sleep in camps or refuges amongst superb mountain sceneries
Built for physically-active travellers, this circuit takes you to the heart of the wild Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, one of the world’s most spectacular trekking areas. Walk alongside the breathtaking "Cuernos del Paine", viewing high mountain peaks, tumbling glaciers, brilliant blue, and green lakes along the way.
Day 1: Puerto Natales - Torre del Paine, Chile
Day 2: Torres del Paine - Central Sector, Chile
Day 3: Central Sector - Francés Sector, Chile
Day 4: Francés Sector - Paine Grande Sector, Chile
Day 5: Paine Grande Sector - Puerto Natales, Chile
- 2N at the Central Sector, 1N at the Francés Sector or at the Cuernos Sector and 1N at the Paine Grande Sector
- 4 Breakfast(s)
- 4 Lunch(es)
- 4 Dinner(s) (lunches are box lunches)
- Active Adventure
- Hiking tour
- Torres del Paine National Park entrance fees
- Guide (remember this is an independent trek)
- Any service not specified in the program
- Additional activities
- Health insurance
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 48+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Torres del Paine W Trek 5D/4N (Self-Guided) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 February 2021, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Torres del Paine W Trek 5D/4N (Self-Guided) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Torres del Paine W Trek 5D/4N (Self-Guided) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Moderate-High Level of fitness required. (You must be capable of carrying a backpack with your belongings and hiking along steep and uneven mountain trails)
Patagonia has an unpredictable weather, that’s why we recommends you to bring: 40 litres Backpack, 20-25 litres Backpack for day hikes, Waterproof jacket and trousers (GORE TEX), Warm clothes (Polar Tec), Comfortable trousers for trekking, T-shirts, Long sleeve shirts, Trekking boots, Sandals (for showering, resting and crossing streams), Flashlight, Earplugs, Sunglasses, Towel, Enough battery supplies for the whole trek (there are no places to charge batteries), Padlock, Warm hat, Sun hat, Gloves, Sunscreen, Camera (with charger, memory cards and waterproof bag), Binoculars, Water bottle (Nalgene), Ziploc bags (for taking your trash back), Trekking Poles.
Other Useful Information
In 2016 the Torres del Paine National Park service has prohibited campers to cook their own food at the campsites in efforts to protect the cleanliness and preservation of the park environment. Therefore, we no longer offer options 'without meals'.
The Refugios have the following referential meals schedules:
- Breakfast: 07:30 - 09:30
- Lunch: 12:00 - 15:00
- Dinner: 19:30 - 21:30
For environmental purposes, in some of the Refugios, the electricity is turned off during the night, between 23.00 PM and 07.00 AM. The use of certain electronic devices is not possible due to the fact that they may overcharge our systems (example: hairdryers). Please bring enough batteries.
Concerning connectivity: The National Park and the Lodges don't have cellphone or Internet connectivity due to its remote location. GPS devices work properly all over the Torres del Paine National Park.
- Please note that this tour only runs in specific departures from September to April.
- You must pick-up your vouchers, tickets & maps at the Puerto Natales Bus Station one day prior to departure, or the morning of Day 1 of your trip. If your adventure starts on a Monday (Day 1), please make sure to give details of your Sunday’s night accommodation, in order to provide the paperwork you need to start your trip. All travellers are welcome to participate in the informative talk given at The Welcome Centre, Torres del Paine, every day at 11:00 and 18:00.
- If you are an international traveller, in order to exempt you from the 19% tax enforced by the Chilean government, you must present your Passport and Immigration Card (this is the card that customs provides when entering the country as a tourist). If you do not present these documents at check-in, you will be charged the 19% tax in Chilean pesos.
- Be sure to arrive on time for the Catamaran departure, as delays will require you to stay one extra night at Refugio Paine Grande at your own cost. The departure is at 18:30 pm from Pehoe pier (next to Refugio Paine Grande). Please be present at the pier by 18:00 pm.