- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- A Walk to the Foot of Ben Nevis
- Follow the Shores of Loch Lomond, Britain’s Largest Lake
- Rannoch Moor and Scotland’s oldest Licensed Inn
- Walking Through Glencoe and Glen Nevis
An extended version of the 8 day walk with shorter days to discover the stunning Scottish Highlands from Loch Lomond to Ben Nevis. This tour follows the 96 mile national long-distance trail of the same name through the south-western part of the Scottish Highlands. It is claimed by some to be the most popular long distance trail in the British Isles. Starting at the village of Milngavie just outside Glasgow, it includes Loch Lomond, valley routes through the mountains round Crianlarich and open heather moorland across the Rannoch Moor wilderness area. It passes close to somber Glencoe, famed for its massacre of the MacDonald Clan, and finishes at Fort William near the foot of Ben Nevis (Britain's highest peak, which can be readily ascended by experienced clients if they choose to spend an extra day). The West Highland Way is a well-established and popular route, containing some landscapes of great beauty. The altitude range is from sea level to 1850 ft (4408 ft if Ben Nevis is climbed).
Day 1 : Milngavie
Day 2 : Walk from Milngavie to Drymen 12 miles/19.5 km
Day 3 : Drymen – Rowardennan 14 miles/22 km
Day 4 : Rowardennan – Ardlui 14 miles/22 km
Day 5 : Ardlui to Tyndrum 15 miles/24 km or 7 miles/12 km if you use the taxi to Crainlarich
Day 6 : Tyndrum to Bridge of Orchy or Inveroran 7 miles/12 km or 9.5 miles/15 km
Day 7 : Bridge of Orchy/Inveroran to Kings House Hotel 12.5 miles/20 km
Day 8 : Kingshouse Hotel to Kinlochleven 9 miles/14.5 km
Day 9 : Kinlochleven to Fort William 15 miles/24 km
Day 10 : End of tour
- 8 nights B&B and 1 night room only accommodation on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities where available. Important note Kings House (day 7) only accepts 2 night stays if your booking falls on a Saturday. The alternative is to stay at the Glencoe Mountain resort on a room only accommodation in the form of Microlodges (1 x double bed and 2 x single beds). There are shower and toilet blocks and a café open from 9am to 8.30pm (hot food until 7.30pm). The resort can offer rental of a sleeping bag plus liner for £5pp however there is no pre-booking service and they are hired on arrival.
- 9 breakfasts
- Transfer from Ardlui/Inveraran to Crianlarich if required at start of Day 5
- One piece of luggage per person transferred from Inn to Inn, not exceeding 20kg
- Information pack including route notes & maps
- Emergency hotline
- Lunch, Dinner and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 70 today.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this West Highland Way - 10 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
West Highland Way - 10 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this West Highland Way - 10 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.