- Walking tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Summit the highest peak in North Africa, Mt Toubkal, and enjoy morning views over the Atlas Mountains and rural Morocco.
- Hike through the rugged mountains with spectacular scenery at every turn and a trusty pack of mules heading up your crew.
- Experience life in an Amazigh (Berber) village during a stay in an Atlas Mountains village, complete with accommodation in a gite.
- Embrace the vibrant souqs, sights, sounds and smells of Marrakech on a guided walking tour of the Medina and visit to Bahia Palace.
From the bustling markets to the Atlas Mountains, this seven-day Lonely Planet Experience combines city sights and mountain trekking. This action-packed trip will immerse you in mazelike Marrakech, introduce you to Amazigh (Berber) culture and see you summiting Mt Toubkal. Stay in mountain gites and hiking huts, trek through spectacular mountain scenery and reach the ‘roof of North Africa’ with an expert crew and trusty pack mules. See two very different sides of Morocco in just one week.
Neltner Hut/Mt Toubkal Base Camp
Neltner Hut/Mt Toubkal Summit
- Hotel (3 nights), Mountain Gite (1 night), Mountain Refuge (2 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private minibus , walking
- An expert tour leader
- Marrakech - Medina walking tour
- Marrakech - Palais Bahia
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mount Toubkal Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 23+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mount Toubkal Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mount Toubkal Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mount Toubkal Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
- This is a trekking trip. In order to reach the summit of Mount Toubkal, you need to be reasonably fit and healthy. Previous mountain climbing or hiking experience is recommended.
- The summit of Mt Toubkal is 4167 metres (13,671 feet) above sea level. At this height you may experience symptoms of altitude sickness. Please see the ‘Medical and health information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more.
- On Days 2–4 of the trip you'll be staying in typical Moroccan mountain accommodation, which may include sharing rooms and basic facilities. This is a great way to experience the Amazigh (Berber) culture of the High Atlas Mountains.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers