- duration 19 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-16414
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Summit the twin peaks of Huayna Potosi (6088m/19,973ft) and Illimani (6438m/21,122ft)
- Trek the high Andean altiplano in the spectacular Condoriri region of the Bolivian Cordillera Real
- Enhance your mountaineering skills and prepare for the ascents with two days of alpine climbing instruction
- Enjoy expert leadership and support from our qualified and experienced guides
- Acclimatise for altitude with hikes on the Isla del Sol on Lake Titicaca
Spectacular climbing expedition in Cordillera Real with ascents of Pequeno Alpamayo (5370m/17,618ft), Huayna Potosi (6088m/19,973ft) & Illimani (6438m/21,122ft). This is the complete climbing trip to Bolivia. The towering white peaks of the Cordillera Real provide a majestic backdrop above the vast Bolivian altiplano. This is a spectacular alpine region ideally suited to anyone who is looking to undertake a series of classic mountaineering ascents in one of the world's finest alpine locations. To ensure sound acclimatisation we spend time in La Paz and the ‘Island of the Sun’ on Lake Titicaca before heading to the snow capped Cordillera Real, where we undertake 2 days of instruction with our experienced guides to prepare for the ascents. An excellent level of fitness is necessary to help ensure your summit ambitions as we undertake a series of progressively more challenging peaks, culminating with Illimani, a moderately technical peak recognised as one of the classic climbs of South America. You will complete this expedition with enhanced mountaineering skills and the knowledge acquired through undertaking the various challenges that these interesting peaks offer.
Day 1 : Arrive La Paz (3600m)
Day 2 : La Paz city tour
Day 3 : To Copacabana (3840m) and transfer to Island of the Sun
Day 4 : Hiking Sun and Moon Island
Day 5 : Transfer to Condoriri.
Day 6 : Alpine skills review and instruction
Day 7 : Further alpine skills instruction
Day 8 : Climb Pequeno Alpamayo (5379m)
Day 9 : Climb Cerro Austria (5320m) and return to La Paz
Day 10 : Base camp of Huayna Potosi
Day 11 : High camp of Huayna Potosi
Day 12 : Climb Huayna Potosi (6088m)
Day 13 : Free day in La Paz
Day 14 : Base Camp of Illimani (4450m)
Day 15 : High Camp of Illimani (5450m)
Day 16 : Climb Illimani (6438m)
Day 17 : Return to La Paz
Day 18 : Free day in La Paz
Day 19 : Depart La Paz. Trip concludes.
- Good quality accommodation in La Paz on a twin share basis
- 18 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 10 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 19
- All internal transportation as stated in the itinerary
- Certified bi-lingual UIAGM or IFMGA lead mountain guide and assistant guides (ratio 1 Guide per 2 or 3 climbers)
- Local sightseeing guides (non-climbing days) as per the itinerary
- Group climbing equipment - including ropes, stakes, ice screws etc
- Safety equipment - including satellite phone, first aid kit, emergency oxygen and high altitude chamber
- Climbing permits and fees
- Use of kitbag and sleeping mat
- Group camping equipment - including tents, dining and cooking equipment
- Mules or porters to carry group equipment and expedition luggage
- International flights and departure taxes
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Trekking and climbing equipment of a personal nature, including ice axe, crampons, sleeping bag, clothing, etc. (Gear hire is available for some items – please contact our head office for details if required).
- Items of a personal nature - ie excess baggage costs, laundry and phone calls
- Travel Insurance and emergency evacuation charges
- Visas and vaccinations
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 139+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Summits of Bolivia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 February 2024, a deposit of 314 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Summits of Bolivia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Summits of Bolivia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.