- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Go on an epic safari with expert local guides in search of lions, hyenas and more through Kruger National Park – one of the largest game reserves in southern Africa.
- Spend a few days however you please on the whitesand beaches of Mozambique’s Ponta Malongane. Snorkel? Sun? Seafood feast? The choice is yours.
- Visit the heartlands of the Zulu people and spend the night in a homestay, where you’ll be treated to traditional food and song, plus a meeting with the local healer.
- Embark on a halfday guided walk in the mighty Drakensburg Range – one of many spectacular hikes along the Garden Route that you can choose to discover in your free time.
Embark on an action-packed Lonely Planet Experience through some of the most stunning scenery in southern Africa. In 22 days, head from Johannesburg to Cape Town on the spectacular coastal route, with plenty of epic stops along the way. Track down elusive wildlife on game drives in Kruger National Park, relax on golden beaches in Mozambique, visit remote Zulu to learn about tribal culture and mix it up with modern cities. From the savanna of Kruger and the lush wetlands of the St Lucia Estuary to the dramatic ocean vistas and fertile vineyards along the Wild Coast, see the best of southern Africa's blessed natural beauty, joined by a local leader with all the best advice and a group of likeminded adventurers keen to explore.
Kruger National Park
Kruger National Park
Eswatini (Swaziland)/Hlane Royal National Park
Mozambique Beach Camp
Mozambique Beach Camp
St Lucia Estuary
Addo Elephant National Park
Garden Route / Tsitsikamma National Park
Tsitsikamma National Park
Garden Route / Oudtshoorn
Bontebok National Park
Cape Agulhas / R320 Winery Route / Hermanus
- Camping (with facilities) (12 nights), Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights), Dormitory (3 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (1 night), Lodge (2 nights)
- 21 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 17 Dinners
- Overland vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Panorama Route - God's Window Viewpoint
- Panorama Route - Bourks Luck Potholes
- Kruger National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Hlane Royal National Park - Bush & Wildlife Walk
- Zululand - Community Centre Visit
- Zululand - Traditional Healer Visit
- Drakensburg - Royal Natal National Park Hike
- Howick - Nelson Mandela Capture Site
- Addo Elephant National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Oudtshoorn - Cango Caves Guided Tour
- Weltevrede - Fig Farm visit
- Oudtshoorn - Meerkat Experience
- Hermanus - R320 Route Wine Tour
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kruger, Coast & Cape tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 85+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kruger, Coast & Cape tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kruger, Coast & Cape tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kruger, Coast & Cape tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- This itinerary includes a homestay in Zululand. Beds can just be a foam mattress on the floor, with clean linen and pillows, and rooms can be up to six-share, of the same gender. Hot water is not available on this night.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers