- duration 1 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 8-65 yrs
- max group size 10
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-19255
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Walk on ice over the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Learn about the geography of the place with our experienced bilingual guides
- Join a boat ride to get views of the Glacier from a whole new perspective
This full day excursion will take you to walk over the glacier, fully equipped and accompanied by our certified bilingual guides, for a day long.
You will also have access to the Glacier's balconies during a whole hour in order to get the best views and landscapes of the National Park before going for this one of a kind experience. The excursion includes a 20 minutes navigation to the Perito Moreno Glacier and a long walk over the Ice to discover every corner of the Glacier
Early in the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel in El Calafate and head to Los Glaciares National Park (80 km) for your Minitrekking adventure. At the pier located in “Bajo de las Sombras” port, embark a boat for a 20 minutes navigation across the Rico Arm, enjoying breathtaking views of the Perito Moreno glacier’s front wall.
Then, arriving on the opposite shore, we will disembark and our specialized bilingual mountain guides will welcome you and lead you to a small shelter. After checking the last details the group of not more than 20 people, we will follow the guides along the lake’s shore towards the edge of the glacier. Once we will get on the ice, the guides will put on each participant a pair of crampons on and they will explain how to use them. After that, you are ready to start a 2 hours trek, which introduces us to the fascinating landscape of the glaciers: streams, small lagoons, gullies, crevasses and plenty of ice formations of the most incredible blues.
After the hike, a stroll through the forest will take us back to the shelter, from where we will embark for another 20 minutes navigation to Bajo de las Sombras” port.
There, we will take the bus again to go back to the hotels in El Calafate
- Transfers From/To Hotels In El Calafate
- Bilingual Mountain Guides
- Boat ride
- All the necessary equipment
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Port Taxes
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 14+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mini Trekking at Perito Moreno Glacier with Boat Ride tour. You can cancel the tour up to 32 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 31 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 March 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 March 2024, a deposit of 50% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 31 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mini Trekking at Perito Moreno Glacier with Boat Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mini Trekking at Perito Moreno Glacier with Boat Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Rooms have to be filled when booking. Thus, if you are 1 person travelling you have to pick Single Room. If you’re 2 people travelling, you can either pick either Single Room, in which case each traveler will receive their own Single Room, or Double Room, etc.