- Sightseeing tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 12-14 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 11
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Highest Pub in Africa
- Lesotho's Highest point
- Pietermaritzburg the capital of KwaZulu Natal where we visit some Mahatma Gandhi statues.
- Scenery stop along the way
- Visit the Holy Trinity Church, and also visit RDP (Rural Development Plan Housing) Mr Mandela's dream for the under privileged people of South Africans.
The Sani Pass is a 33km gravel road that straddles the sheer cliffs of the Drakensberg escarpment in a series of tight Zig Zag curves. The route begins at the Sani Pass Hotel which is 1566m above sea level. You will be traveling in a Land Rover 4x4 upwards along the narrow road crossing the South African/ Lesotho border post which is 1968m above sea level. Along the way up the South African landscape KwaZulu Natal opens up in front of you displaying spectacular views of rolling hills and vast skies. We visit the local village and interact with the local and also taste their delicious home made bread. If the weather is good we reach the black mountains the highest point in Lesotho at an altitude of 3200 meters.
You can enjoy a delicious lunch at the Highest Pub in Africa at your own account which sits 2873m above sea level.
At around 3.30 pm we start to drive back to Durban where we will be returning around 7 pm. The trip is around 12 to 13 hours, but it is all worth it. We invite you to join us on this exciting day excursion.
- All entry fees
- Tour guide
- 4x4 Transport
- Pick-up point at 1stZulu Safaris office at Tropicana Hotel,85 OR Tambo Parade. For special arrangements, please contact Mr Sotiris at 031 3373103 / +2782 776 6771 whatsapp/ calls.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information* German and Polish languages can be requested (on request) * After 15:00 PM , please immediately contact Mr Sotiris on +27 82 7766 771/ Bongani +27 766 066 028 / Christo +27 82 7766787 by phone / whatsApp , the day before the trip. *After the minute booking is before 15:00 PM , kindly contact by email : firstname.lastname@example.org