1. Bring Vaseline - it gets really dry in the mountains so that would really help.
2. It also gets very dusty in the mountain, so if you have dust allergies, you might need some medication. Even if you are not allergic to dust, it may be good to bring a bandana or something equivalent to keep off the dust.
3. Rent the portable toilet!!! It is much better than the public restrooms, and relatively clean. Much more convenient if you need to go at night.
4. Bring an extra roll of toilet paper- you won’t need it for the toile if you rent the portable toilet, but it is useful if your nose runs because it gets cold.
5. Bring extra hand warmers if you can. In addition to using them on Summit Day, some mornings are also cold. The crew does give you heated rubber bottles for warmth as well- so this is just for extra comfort.
6. Bring mouthwash! Some nights are somewhat cold, so you may choose to mouthwash rather than do the full floss/brush. Makes you feel cleaner for sure. Same goes for disposable baby wipes in addition to a camping towel (quick dry so you don’t have to use a wet one the next day!)
7. Bring extra snacks if you can- the crew never will ask you for food, but we think they really appreciate it when you share. Same goes for anything else you think you can spare. Sharing is caring!
8. Ask questions! We learned quite a bit about the mountains and the lives of our entire crew when we did- it was very rewarding learning more about the local culture and language."
Food was amazing! Justin and Azzez did a great job as our cooks and they are simply great people who take into account all your dietary needs. Could not have finished the hike without the support of porters and campmasters. A suggestion would be to pay for a portable toilet to share and that helps a lot during the hike.
There was not a single time that I felt low or as if support was lacking. All the guides are warm and friendly and they can understand a person very well. My guide carried a small bottle of coca-cola for me during summit day and gave it to me at the stella point for sugar needed. They are as thoughtful as this. They are very keen on everyone being successful and happy. If you are currently reading these reviews to decide if Altezza is the right choice..just go for it. Altezza is the BEST choice and you will thank yourself for your decision."
All was great - support, help.supporting crew, guides, Rongai route. trip to coffee & banana place.
We liked our trip very much!"
We are a young and experienced team located in Moshi, Tanzania.
Having security, experience and use of professional equipment as our firm guidelines, we organize:
1. Successful expeditions to the Roof of Africa — Mount Kilimanjaro
2. Safari tours in Tanzania National Parks
3. Zanzibar beach resort
4. Various excursions to waterfalls, coffee plantations, Maasai and Hadzabe tribes, Chemka hot springs, horse safari, etc.
Why book with Us
- We provide high service quality at a reasonable price.
- We provide professional team support.
- All our guides are certified.
- We are reputed for:
1. Being 'Wilderness First Responders'
2. Our experience of over 7 years in climbing
3. Our summit success rate of 98%
Our office is located in Moshi (right at the foot of the mountain), which eliminates the need for long transfers.
We are prompt in our replies to clients' request.
Tours and Holidays by Altezza Travel
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-free booking
- No booking or credit card fees