Cycling the Cape & Winelands
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Bicycle tour
- Food tour
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7768
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Discover Cape Town and Table Mountain
- Try regional produce from the vineyards of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Visit Cape Agulhas, the southernmost point in Africa
Renowned as one of the most beautiful places on Earth, Cape Town and its surroundings provide a stunning backdrop for this cycling tour. Our unique circular route allows us to take in the fantastic sights of the Cape Peninsula. In addition to Table Mountain and the chance to sample wine from the Stellenbosch estates, the wild coastline and rugged interior provide classic riding on peaceful roads with little traffic. The scenery, a rich cultural history, unique flora, and unusual wildlife encounters make this a fantastic destination to discover on two wheels.
Day 1: Start Cape Town; free day to explore
Day 2: Ride over Hellshoogte, passing vineyards; to Stellenbosch
Day 3: Ride the Franschhoek Pass
Day 4: Ride through the semi-arid desert of Great Karoo
Day 5: Ride through Langeberg Mountains to Bontebok National Park
Day 6: Ride and transfer to Cape Agulhas National Park, the southernmost point in Africa
Day 7: Cycle towards Hermanus; sample local beer at Birkenhead
Day 8: Free day to relax in Hermanus
Day 9: Ride the Whale Coast to Gordon's Bay
Day 10: Cape Peninsula ride; visit penguin colony
Day 11: Cycle to Cape Town via Chapman's Peak, Hout Bay and Camps Bay
Day 12: Optional morning visit to Robben Island; end Cape Town
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- E-bike hire
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 132+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 September 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 September 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.