- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Discover Cape Town and Table Mountain
- Try regional produce from the vineyards of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Visit Cape Algulhas the southernmost point of Africa
Renowned as one of the most beautiful places on Earth, Cape Town and its surroundings provide a stunning backdrop for this tour. Our unique circular route allows us to take in the fantastic sights the Cape Peninsula has to offer. In addition to Table Mountain and the chance to sample the famous wine from the estates of Stellenbosch, the wild coastline and rugged interior provide classic riding on peaceful roads with little traffic. The stunning scenery, a rich cultural history, unique flora, and unusual wildlife encounters make this a fantastic destination to discover on two wheels.
Day 1: Start Cape Town; free day to explore.
Day 2: Ride over Hellshoogte, passing vineyards; to Rosenview.
Day 3: Ride the Franschhoek Pass.
Day 4: Ride through the semi-arid desert of Great Karoo.
Day 5: Ride through the Langeberge Mountains to Bontebok N.P.
Day 6: Ride and transfer to Cape Agulhas N.P., Africa's southernmost point.
Day 7: Cycle towards Hermanus; sample local beer at Birkenhead.
Day 8: Free day to relax in Hermanus.
Day 9: Ride the Whale Coast to Gordon's Bay.
Day 10: Stunning Cape Peninsula ride; visit penguin colony.
Day 11: Cycle to Cape Town via Chapman's Peak, Hout Bay and Camps Bay.
Day 12: Optional morning visit to Robben Island; end Cape Town.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches, 2 dinners
- 9 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- 95% tarmac, 5% hard pack dirt roads
- Group normally 4 to 14, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- 7 nights guest houses and 4 nights lodges, all en suite
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 108 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 15 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.