- Bicycle tour
- Food tour
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Cape Town and Table Mountain
- Try regional produce from the vineyards of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Visit Cape Algulhas the southernmost point of Africa
Renowned as one of the most beautiful places on Earth, Cape Town and its surroundings provide a stunning backdrop for this tour. Our unique circular route allows us to take in the fantastic sights the Cape Peninsula has to offer. In addition to Table Mountain and the chance to sample the famous wine from the estates of Stellenbosch, the wild coastline and rugged interior provide classic riding on peaceful roads with little traffic. The stunning scenery, a rich cultural history, unique flora, and unusual wildlife encounters make this a fantastic destination to discover on two wheels.
Day 1: Start Cape Town; free day to explore.
Day 2: Ride over Hellshoogte, passing vineyards; to Rosenview.
Day 3: Ride the Franschhoek Pass.
Day 4: Ride through the semi-arid desert of Great Karoo.
Day 5: Ride through the Langeberge Mountains to Bontebok N.P.
Day 6: Ride and transfer to Cape Agulhas N.P., Africa's southernmost point.
Day 7: Cycle towards Hermanus; sample local beer at Birkenhead.
Day 8: Free day to relax in Hermanus.
Day 9: Ride the Whale Coast to Gordon's Bay.
Day 10: Stunning Cape Peninsula ride; visit penguin colony.
Day 11: Cycle to Cape Town via Chapman's Peak, Hout Bay and Camps Bay.
Day 12: Optional morning visit to Robben Island; end Cape Town.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- 9 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 95% tarmac, 5% hard pack dirt roads
- Group normally 4 to 14, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- 7 nights guest houses and 4 nights lodges, all en suite
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 118+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling the Cape & Winelands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.