- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore Gettysburg with a Local Specialist
- Visit Mount Vernon, Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, Gettysburg National Military Park, the National Mall, St John's Church, Independence National Historic Park
- View the Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol Building, the White House, Liberty Bell
- Dive Into Culture Relive the American Revolution at the Yorktown Victory Center surrounded by period artifacts and experiencing firsthand the dramatic "Siege of Yorktown" with a 180degree surround screen and dramatic special effects.
Explore a young nation on this journey from Capitol Hill and George Washington’s home to reenactments on Gettysburg’s battlefields and dinner in a haunted tavern. This New England tour immerses you in the past, you'll be chatting with blacksmiths in Colonial Williamsburg as well as visiting the monuments of D. C.’s National Mall.
Day 1: Greetings Washington, D.C.
Day 2: Uncover The History Of Washington, D.C.
Day 3: Marvel At Mount Vernon
Day 4: Step Back In Time At Colonial Williamsburg
Day 5: Explore Charlottesville And Monticello
Day 6: Unlock The Legacy Of Gettysburg
Day 7: Journey To Philadelphia
Day 8: Discover The Sights Of Philadelphia
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- 2 Regional Dinners
- 7 Breakfasts
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- 1 Welcome Reception
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Any international flights to/from Washington D.C. are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Historic Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 76+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Historic Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Historic Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Historic Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 20 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This trip will operate with a number of empty seats to ensure that we always allow for appropriate extra physical distancing.