- Explore Tortuguero National Park and its canals
- Take a night tour in Tortuguero to watch turtles (July to October)
- Visit the majestic Arenal Volcano
- See La Fortuna Waterfall and Hanging Bridges
The trip begins with a three-day trip to the exotic canals of Tortuguero National Park on the Caribbean coast, the key nesting ground for endangered sea turtles between the months of July and October. The rivers within the park are also home to sensitive populations of manatees as well as caimans, crocodiles and tropical gar, which is considered a living fossil. The rainforest is home to jaguars, three-toed sloths and three of Costa Rica's four species of monkey: spider monkey, mantled howler and the white-headed capuchin. Basilisk lizards and poisonous frogs also inhabit the area, along with 375 species of birds including kingfishers, toucans, blue herons, peacocks and parrots.
Then, we have an adventure to La Fortuna, the closest town to the stunning Arenal Volcano. See the volcano from different angles, while bathing in the hot springs, hiking to the base of the massive La Fortuna Waterfall or visiting the amazing hanging bridges. There is so much to see and do here!
Day 1: Arrival in Costa Rica
Day 2: Tortuguero National Park sightseeing
Day 3: Tortuguero National Park boating
Day 4: Arenal Volcano
Day 5: Arenal Volcano
Day 6: Transfer back to San Jose
Day 7: Departure
- Airport transfers
- Meals where indicated in itinerary
- Shuttle transportation between destinations while engaged in activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Guided hike to the village of Tortuguero and La Fortuna Waterfall in Arenal
- Experienced, bilingual and fun guides during the activities
- Boat trip on the canals of Tortuguero National Park
- Visit to the hanging bridges
- Hike to the volcano and Baldi hot springs
- Extra night in San Jose
- Chocolate Tour
- Zip Lining Tour
- Venado Caves
- Waterfall rappelling
- International flight tickets
- Meals and activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to the national park
- Departure tax: USD 29 per person
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
Is there time to travel on our own at the locations listed in the itinerary?
Yes, there is some free time, but depending on what you are interested in doing it may/may not be enough to travel on your own in the areas. For part of day 3 of the tour you are free, perhaps to relax by the pool of the lodge or explore optional activities the lodge offers. On day 6 during the tour, you will have a free morning. You can choose to sign up for an optional adventure if you want to.