Looking for available travel experts
It might be the largest landlocked country in the world but spending holidays in Kazakhstan will not disappoint its visitors. From a rich history with Russia and the former Soviet Union, to being the modern dominant country of Central Asia economically, a trip to Kazakhstan will leave you in awe.
- See the Russian influence in Kazakhstan in the city of Almaty; with towers reminiscent of St. Petersburg or Moscow, the influence of Russia is clear in this city.
- Experience green valleys, rushing rivers, snowcapped peaks and high-level glaciers at the Aksu-Zhabagyly Nature Reserve.
- Feel the modern life explode from the capital of Kazakhstan, Astana.
- Go to Turkistan to see the mausoleum of the first great Turkic Muslim holy man, Kozha Akhmed Yasaui.
- From the nature reserve to the arid desert, Kazakhstan is filled with climate, one being the Mangistau region, a 400km stretch of desert.
- There are a wide variety of options for transit in Kazakhstan; from busses and taxis to trains and planes, there is a mode that will work for you.
- Learn a little of both Kazakh and Russian. Russian will help you get around more, but Kazakh will impress the locals.
- Cities are safe during the day, but there are a few that might be a little unsafe at night; travel at your own risk and discression.
- Scams are common, so keep personal items close and if anyone asks about a lost wallet don’t give them money or show them yours.
- Be careful while drinking, you might get arrested.
- Drunk driving is a problem here; obey the laws and always wear your seat belt.
Kazakhstan has seasonal weather so please do check up on best time to visit Kazakhstan before planning your tour.