Serbia is a southern European, Balkan country, known for having a wide variety of popular national parks and ski resorts. There are plenty of things to do in Serbia, whether you are planning a trip in the summer or winter. Kopaonik, a ski resort, is one of the most popular ski destinations in the world. Not only are Serbians welcoming toward foreigners, but most are comfortable speaking English. Geography and climate varies based upon which part of Serbia you plan to visit. For example, while to the north there are miles of plains beautiful to behold, to the South there are gorgeous mountains to witness.
- Watch the majestic mountain range in Kopaonik National Park. It also serves as ski and snowboard park.
- Check out the two, medieval marble churches that even contain some historic Byzantine artwork in Studenica Monastery.
- Hike the mountains in Tara National Park while catching a glimpse of the beautiful Drina river.
- Try some of the popular Serbian foods like a delicious bacon wrapped chicken dish. For dessert, be sure to make a stop for some sweets at a 24-hour bakery.
- Expect the unexpected. Your plans may need to alter, and you never know, that could be a good thing.
- Get out early. You can sleep the day away when you're at home, but when you're in a foreign country you only have so much time to do once in a lifetime activities.
- Don't take yourself, or life, too seriously. Traveling involves stress, but you don't have to let that stress ruin your vacation.