Latvia - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
Whether you are looking for a rural getaway, or a vibrant city like hotspot, a holiday to Latvia offers a variety of opportunities. Latvia, a Northern European country that comprises one of the three baltic states. The capital, Riga, is the most popular tourist destination in the country. This low key European destination is perfect for those who do not want clamouring tourists everywhere.
A trip to Latvia is incomplete without a visit to the “Old Quarter” of Riga especially if you're looking to admire architectural magnificence and lovely cobblestone streets. The city is economically growing, vibrant, and has a great nightlife for those looking to go out. But make no mistake, Latvia has retained much of its rustic, old fashioned vibe.
- Explore Riga. Not only for its historical significance, but the city truly upholds Latvia's growing nightlife and bar scene.
- Visit the Turaida Castle near Riga. located within Sigulda, lies this beautiful castle which also serves as a museum.
- Go to Gauja Valley. Known for its “Swedish-like” sweeping countryside. A must see in terms of scenic and picturesque Latvian locations.
- Learning a few Latvian phrases might go a long way for your visit. You may also want to sprinkle in a little Russian as it is also widely spoken in the country.
- Expect the unexpected. That way when something doesn't go as planned, you're not overly stressed during your time away!
- June to September is the best time to visit Latvia. However, do your weather research before planning a trip.