Looking for available travel experts
A trip to Taiwan will open you up to a complete contradiction of crowded cities and scenic rural landscapes. With some of the most densely populated cities in the world, Taiwan is a hotspot for busy markets and incredible nightlife. Holidaying in Taiwan will be filled with lush forests, majestic gorges and daunting cliffs. Despite its controversial political status, Taiwan operates under the de facto control of a separate government than that of mainland China, causing it to operate in practice as its own country.
- Gaze down at the marble gorges at Taroko National Park
- Take in the city view from Taipei 101, one of the world's tallest skyscrapers
- Experience the traditional Wang Yeh Boat Burning Festival, held only once every three years
- Hike the bamboo trails of Yangmingshan National Park
- Visit the colourful and detailed Longshan Temple
- Discover Chinese Imperial artefacts at the National Palace Museum
- While English is taught in Taiwan, there is little opportunity to converse in English outside schools. For that reason, conversing in English can still be difficult in the country. When needing directions or advice, look for students or young people - they're more likely to have a good grasp of the language.
- Taiwan is said to be one of the friendliest countries in the world. Despite the language barrier, Taiwanese are incredibly helpful, so don't be afraid to ask for help if needed.
- Taiwanese weather can be tricky. Always carry an umbrella and be prepared for drastic changes. It can be sunny blue skies one second, massive downpour the next.
- Look into purchasing an EasyCard, Taiwan's travel card. The card is accepted as a currency not only for local transportation, it is also accepted in some supermarkets and other shops.
- You can't visit Taiwan without hitting Taipei's night markets. Drop by after 8pm to avoid dinnertime crowds and in some night-time snacks.
Taiwan has seasonal weather so please do check up on best time to visit Taiwan before planning your tour.