The Czech Republic may be a small country, but it is full of stunning sights. The country is probably best known for its ornate castles, world-renowned spas and wineries, and gorgeous Baroque art and architecture. It is probably equally famous for its many breweries, and the Czechs drink more beer per capita than in any other country. Whether you’re visiting colourful Prague, relaxing in Karlovy Vary or taking in romantic Bohemian Paradise, there is no end of things to do in the beautiful “land of stories”.
- Pretend you are royalty at one of the country’s 2,000 + castles.
- Admire the incredible libraries of the Klementinum and Strahov Monastery.
- Drink the mineral waters of Karlovy Vary’s many hot springs as they are said to have healing properties.
- Cross the famous Charles Bridge into Prague’s Old Town.
- Take a selfie in front of the vibrant John Lennon wall.
- Hike the Prachov Rocks.
- Visit PlzeÅ, the Czech Republic’s capital of beer (you can even soak in a tub of pilsner!).
- Prague is best seen from above. Head to Prague Castle or climb the astronomical tower at the Klementinum for some of the best views of the capital city.
- Travelling around the Czech Republic is easy and inexpensive. Most towns are connected via train and bus, and you can even travel to Germany or Austria for less than 600 CZK!
- You can’t miss tasting a Trdelník (a chimney cake), a traditional sweet treat made of dough rolled in sugar and filled with an assortment of tasty fillings.
- Tipping isn’t mandatory in the Czech Republic, but it is advised to tip about 10% or rounding up your bill for good service. Always give the tip directly to your waiter rather than leaving it on the table.
- If you enjoy getting outdoors, the Czech Republic is a great destination for hiking with marked trails leading to incredible sights like the Karlstejn Castle.
Czech Republic has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Czech Republic before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Czech Republic, do check out our Czech Republic Travel Guide for more information.